GideonTech.com Forums

• July 07, 2020, 01:18:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This guy claims that he overclocked his E6600 to 4.3Ghz using stock cooling and  (Read 7867 times)

joemelon

• Case Mod Weenie

This guy, hahamd, claims that he overclocked his E6600 to 4.3Ghz using stock cooling and ice:
http://www.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=3967039
It's in Big5 character encoding, written mostly in Cantonese, Altavista might have trouble translating it to English. So here are some Q&A from the members there:
http://xs115.xs.to/xs115/07202/whatthe.jpg

I bet he must be living in an iceberg or a refrigerator or something.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me

Water cooling isn't stock...
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

joemelon

• Case Mod Weenie

Water cooling isn't stock...
That pic is from his signature, it does not represent his actual setup.

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com

I'm confused. In the translation, he mentions wet ice and reservoir but with original cooler? huh?

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

Tommi_Vercetti

• Case Mod Weenie

I'm confused. In the translation, he mentions wet ice and reservoir but with original cooler? huh?

http://evchk.wikia.com/wiki/HKEPC%E5%8F%8AOCQQ%E6%9C%83%E5%93%A1%E4%B8%8D%E6%BB%BFuwants%E9%9B%BB%E8%85%A6%E7%A1%AC%E4%BB%B6%E5%8D%80%E4%BD%9C%E9%A2%A8%E4%BA%8B%E4%BB%B6#.5B.5Buwants.5D.5D.E9.9B.BB.E8.85.A6.E7.A1.AC.E4.BB.B6.E5.8D.80.E9.A0.98.E5.B0.8E.E5.B1.A4

the above link is in cantonese, and here's wt's happened afterwards.

As "hamand" oced his E6600 to 4.3Ghz without telling people how to do, lots of people keep challenging him. However, Hamand didn't tell people on how could he made that as he supposed to contact your site to get certificate so that his nearly-published magazine could get fame. Also "hamand"'s negative attitude towards people made lots of people (includin famous OC-Gurus in HK) hated him, for example, when a OCer challenged why didn't Hamand released SuperPI result, he simply said sth like "f*** off, you weak" and banned his IP.

As a result, the individual made use of the name "XS" to asking him release the OC result and Hamand still refused.

After that, some people complained to XS and XS said, "a 6600 to 4.3Ghz is weak, and rather common here, nothing special". And Hamand still refused to release any results and the photos of test platform.

Tommi_Vercetti

• Case Mod Weenie

Well, Fugger@XtremeSystems had claimed the result is no gd, and hamand's oc result is also unstable.
And it's impossible to use wet ice and reservior but wif original cooler.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:51:56 AM by Tommi_Vercetti »

Potato

• Case Mod Weenie

hamand is just a fool , dunno even how to make up a water cooling system
he was just watched TV so much and used wet ice to overclock... what a fool
but the newbies in that forum trusted him so much and think this is the greatest way to overclock in the world :lol:

i am a chinese student and my english is bad ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 33 queries.