GideonTech.com Forums

• August 23, 2019, 07:25:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do  (Read 5170 times)

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
What to do
« on: April 27, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »

I would like some suggestions for subtle mods, I just got this great case.
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811146031

Its my first case without a window, my first without lights, my first that has a nice texture on it already, my first that comes with all nice fans and buttons, it already has good airflow, it has nice door latches...
( FYI, I won't be putting in a window or lights ;) )

What to do?
I thought about putting a nice custom case skin/vinyl/sticker on there, but I'm not sure I want to do that because it might not end up as tasteful looking as I like
I forget where to buy those too, anyone have some links?

Another option would be adding color, but I am liking the simple black/silver/blue led color scheme that has of course been done to death.

I would prefer not to make any cuts, seeing as how this is 3mm thick welded aluminum.

Any thoughts?

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: What to do
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »

A touchscreen LCD mounted in the 5.25 bays maybe, hmm...
(Anyone remember the link for those nice kits?)

logicslayer

• Senior Modder
    • The OtR Podcast
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 08:00:25 AM »

Don't know if this is the specific link your looking for but this is the one refered to in the carputer thread. http://www.millionbuy.com/unihr.html

KoRn Addict

• Elite Modder
  • It's not METAL enough!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 03:15:22 PM »

http://www.shatteredweb.com/ - Best place on the 'net for appliques. A variety of sizes and colors, an even larger variety of designs, plus, he does custom ones if you send him vector images, all at a relatively inexpensive price.

As for subtleties, if you've got numerous holes in the case for light to leak (eg; fan holes, exaust holes, slits between the bays, etc.), adding a number of led's to just blast the inside with light looks nice, as it adds tiny bits of colored light to compliment the case on the outside. You can also do underglow lighting relatively easy.

And as an additional tip, if you really like the finish on that case, keep the dremel as far away from it as possible. If you cut it, you have to find a way to refinish the edges of your cuts, and that can be a major PITA sometimes.

DJ Bowen

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 07:17:46 PM »

First thing I would do is remove them fan holes and just clean up the intake and exhaust ports.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.