GideonTech.com Forums

• March 28, 2017, 05:04:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Ericsson W800i/k750i modding  (Read 32271 times)

streather

• Senior Modder
  • when we've finally started livin its become 2 late
Sony Ericsson W800i/k750i modding
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:07:52 AM »

this is more soft modding not actually hard modding the mobile/cell phone.

i'm going to list what i've done to the phone first then later one after i've been to sleep (i've been up 30 hours already) i'll post how i did it and guides if anyones interested.

Firstly i bought a D750i off of ****, and switched the cases to a combo of the black k750i front and back and a orange w800i middle. (the w800i and k750/d750 are the same phone with slightly different cases and different firmware) i got it unlocked by the guy up the town as i lacked the proper cables to do it. then i used FAR manager with the sony ericsson flash plugin to change the camera and audio drivers so the picture and sound quality is improved, i used another program called gflash to flash a firmware for the W800i onto my phone and finalise the flash, then i uploaded a customised menu and start and shutdown splash screens/sounds and increased sms capacity. :)

unfortunatly while i was switching the case i broke the camera on/off sensor so i soldered it into the on position so i can actually use it,

broke the speaker so the speakers fuzzy and i lost the on button  :x, which needless to say was bloody annoying,

so i got my uncles spare w800i (swapped that and a usb direct capture device so i can record from any thing with a scart lead to computer for my old modded xbox :) ) and tweaked the camera and audiodriver, and the menu icons again. :)

as i said i'll post the details on how this was done (minus the breaking of parts) later on after some kip

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
Re: Sony Ericsson W800i/k750i modding
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »

..and fotos would be nice, too. :)

streather

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »

Okey dokey, i'm going to get round to actually posting a guide to how i did this :lol:

ok step 1 is finding out 2 things about your phone, the CID number and the CDA number.

the CDA number is the easier of the two to find out, just press *>*<<*<*, then goto service info, then the software info and scroll down, this is important as this the customization for the phone (languages etc) and that comes in when your finalizing the phone so make a note of it somewhere :).

To get the CID number, i used a software called Gflash which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this post, plug in the usb cable that came with the phone (DCU-60) into the computer and turn the phone off, open up gflash and it should open on the CID tab, just press read cid/cable and follow the on screen instructions, if a driver install comes up for "usb flash device", use the drivers provided in the gflash zip and once its installed if you phones turned itself on turn it off and do it again :lol:, if it comes up as CID 36, continue reading this if its CID 49 i suggest going to se-nse.net and checking out the forums there as this guide wont work :lol:

this bit is actually quite easy, download the firmware files you want to use from somewhere that has them, i used top sony but they've gone and made their download section paying members only apparantly, so go here http://sek750i.pl/content/view/104/116/lang,en/ as they're mirroring alot of the files on topsony :), you want the FS and main files for w800i firmware R1BC002 as this is the newest one availible, i grabbed the ones that matched what was already on my phone in this case W800_FS_r1bc002_EU2 (this can be found in the same place as the cda number) and the main  W800_R1BC002_MAIN_EU_EMEA.
right hopefully now you have either 2 rar's or 2 bins, if you have rars, extract them and  load up the .bins into the relevent boxes in gflash, on the flash tab, click flash main, flash filesystem and finalize phone, if your converting from d750/k750 to w800 you want to change it to w800 and the CDA to the one your phone is currently, click flash and go to make a cuppa tea because this will take 10-20 minutes or so and hopefully if all going well you now have a w800i :), if all doesn't go well at worst your going to have a bricked phone, fortunatly if you run sony ericsson update service it should unbrick it :), you can also extend your message inbox capacity with gflash so i did it while the program was open :)

gflash download

http://streather.files-upload.com/289509/GFlash20b6.zip.html

hope this helpful or insightful :),

i'll add whatever photos i can find of my modded d750i before i sold it and go onto doing funky stuff with FAR manager and .vkp patches :)

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »

We have a k750i here and I need to have it unlocked.  Did you have to pay the guy to have that done?
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

streather

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »

We have a k750i here and I need to have it unlocked.  Did you have to pay the guy to have that done?

yeah, most phone market stalls have the abilities to unlock sony ericsson phones :), from what i've seen prices vary from 5-10 for it, i paid a tenner but i went to the town on the wrong day and missed the good phone stall  :lol:

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »

I kinda figured you're in the UK somehow since I don't think they have the k750i here in the states, or not that I know of.  I went around the local provider kiosks and they don't do unlocking.  I did however find this (shady) cellphone accessory shop and asked if they unlock phones.  The guy said not right now (while looking left and right).  He said it'll be around $40-$45.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

streather

• Senior Modder
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »

with the right cable and software you can do it yourself and it'd might work out around the same if not cheaper, if i remember its a cruiser cable and theres a few apps that unlock it but you need to buy credits for them from the companies that make them, the two that come to mind atm are davinci and totalmultiserver i think theres a couple of others but i can't remember their names atm

rakionowner

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »

Thx for the tips..~good work dude~ :)

Ronin

• Elite Modder
  • GURNING ALL WAY HOME.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 09:24:10 AM »

I have the W880i and I would like to see these as well please, I have written my own themes but still am trying hard to make a flash gui.

Mines getting old too, the system takes way too long to post. 10seconds! [Thats forever! honest! I hate to wait.]
Iv3 b33n H4x0r5.

MY MEGAHURTZ HAEV BEEN STOELED!!!!!111
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.