GideonTech.com Forums

• November 13, 2019, 04:50:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home-made Repeater??  (Read 5573 times)

YucA

• Elite Modder
Home-made Repeater??
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »

I currently have access to a Pre-amp LNA 420MHZ-1.9GHZ bare repeater. No antennas or anything, but i wanted to know if it would be possible to get this to work as a GSM repeater for my home. Im looking to raise the 1900mhz signal on my Cingular service.

Would this be as simple as it seems...Getting a hold of two compatible antennas, one outside as the Rx and another indoors as the Tx? After calibrating, would it work??

Here is an image of what i have to play with.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: Home-made Repeater??
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

Don't know, but that'd be awesome.  I want to know if this is possible too because since I moved my reception is terrible indoors.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

hardcase

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:02:03 AM »

I currently have access to a Pre-amp LNA 420MHZ-1.9GHZ bare repeater. No antennas or anything, but i wanted to know if it would be possible to get this to work as a GSM repeater for my home. Im looking to raise the 1900mhz signal on my Cingular service.

Would this be as simple as it seems...Getting a hold of two compatible antennas, one outside as the Rx and another indoors as the Tx? After calibrating, would it work??

Unfortunately, no.  You need a bidirectional amplifier and this one, I'm afraid, only goes one way.  Remember, your transmitted signal from the cell phone follows the same propagation path as the incoming signal from the tower.  If you can't receive, chances are pretty good that you can't transmit, either.  Your cell phone transmits in the range of 500mW...the tower is around 4W.

YucA

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »

thanks for clearing that up and crushing my hopes and dreams!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.