GideonTech.com Forums

• October 23, 2019, 07:02:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Klipsch volume knobs taking a dump.  (Read 1431 times)

pHEnomIC69

• Senior Modder
Klipsch volume knobs taking a dump.
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:12:10 AM »

I got a klipsch 4.1 setup.  Ive had it for many years and it works awesome.  Only one problem lately.   The main volume knob now has some issues.  It is a rheostat i assume that controls  the signal.  When i change volume, it is very scratchy and causes a lot of static.  When the system was new, you could change volume without any interference.  Sometimes, when i put it at certain volumes, i will lose a channel or the sub channel and i have to play with the thing and wiggle it to get the channel back.  All with loud annoying static.   I was told it was a common issue and that you can clean the thing using electronic cleaner.  This trick no longer works.  I also have some issues with the power switch.  Sometimes i lose a channel and have to wiggle the power switch to get it back.   So i assume i have to do something else.  Klipsch used to sell replacement control pods but they are discontinued now.    I was wondering if there is anything else i can do?

I just figure they are worn out from so many years of use. 

I thought about possibly getting a new rheostat and soldering it in place.  Any other ideas? Also if i decide i want to replace these components, where is a good place to get them?

Hak Foo

• Elite Modder
  • Far too old for his interests
Re: Klipsch volume knobs taking a dump.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:36 AM »

You might try resoldering the joints for the current knobs.  A lot of times when a connector or a knob or a switch breaks contact, the item is okay, just the joint has failed.

pHEnomIC69

• Senior Modder
Re: Klipsch volume knobs taking a dump.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:33:33 PM »

Awesome idea, I will def give that a try next time i go home, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 2.764 seconds with 27 queries.