GideonTech.com Forums

• April 02, 2020, 03:57:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with newegg.com (updated July 2)  (Read 3165 times)

goatface

• GT Fanatic
problems with newegg.com (updated July 2)
« on: June 07, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »

think I am finnaly happy and doen with the whole deal

also, if you are wondering why this has taken so long, I have been slow on contacting them after yahoo mail sent them a garbled email that took my slow ass forever to type ;)

--------------old post-----------
On 5-22, I ordered 6 fans, 3 rounded cables and a raidmax power supply.  I used the default shipping and it took about 6 days to get to me. (west to east coast, so that was about right)
when i got the order, instead of a Raidmax PS i got an Allied PS.
So I called CS, I told the guy they sent me the wrong powersupply.  He did not ask me what they sent me which I found odd, just gave me an RMA number and told me where to ship it and to use the label on the invoice.

After getting off the phone, I noticed that one of the bags with a round cable was opened, after looking at it, the retainer that hold the plastic pull tab was broken, luckly they use the same part as normal cables.

A little while later, I get an email from the guy I talked to at CS, confirming my RMA for (2) fans.  So I reply to him, with the proper item numbers and wait till the next day.  No reply from him and my RMA still shows it is for (2) fans.
I called CS again and get it changed to the power supply.

Here is my beef
At no time did a CS say, sorry for the trouble.
I had to pay for return shipping, $14.60 (I live in a very small town, drug store/dinner I sent it from charges a $4+ Fee.)
Newegg's policy is they wait till the item gets to them, before shipping the correct item to you, so it is going to take over 2 weeks to get the PS I ordered (7+ days from me to them, and 6+ days from them back to me)
They return ship via fedex 6day ground too, I guess it would be too much to ask for any kind of rush.

This is the first company that made me pay for thier mistake.

As of today, I am still waiting on power supply, i guess i have another week or so to go.  There better be a cookie in the box with my PS or they are going to get a nasty letter ;)

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »

Hope you got the name of that CS person.  Try to e-mail them a complaint and maybe they'll try to work things out for you and hopefully they'll ad a little something, maybe they'll send a paid shipping label or add something extra with your replacements.
When I had something from ubid.com, they sent me a different brand and when I talked to them about it, they said they can't assure me if the right brand was available.  So they asked me if I like to keep the one I got or return it.  I opted for a return, so they sent me a paid shipping label and refunded me the money.  Newegg.com might do the same if you inform them what happened.  Try talking to a different person, a manager maybe, and complain about that CS person.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

brutal

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.brutal.tk
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 12:21:00 PM »

i 100% recommend newegg to my friends and have have super fast service from them, so im not sure what your issues are.   a buddy of mine ordered a case and mobo/psu/cpu/memory/vid card from there and emailed with how great they were (yesterday) so you either got a third party cs agent or a new one, either way you should contact their manager if you have to call back a third time to make sure its taken care of.

arcsylver

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.geocities.com\\r_e_hitchcock\\AtomicBlueAqua.html
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

I agree with brutal call them back and ask to speak to the supervisor on duty.  Then file a formal complaint against the guy you talked to originally.

I always get the name of the person I talk to in CS just in case I have any problems with them andneed to complain.

I fully recommend newegg to my friends and have had no problems from them as of yet.

Unfortunately there are times wehn even the best companies can be misrepresented by a bad employee.  Don't let this jerk ruin your opinion of a good company.

The Duke

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 09:29:00 PM »

I agree with all these guys. I ordered a Mobo and ram from there on a Monday night and it was there on Thursday aftrenoon and I live on the opposite coast. You more then likely got a bad CS and do like these guys say, let someone know. Think of the next guy this jerk makes mad. everyone I know who has used newegg has never had a problem.

Fenix_Fiur

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 09:34:00 PM »

yep...i'll quote Brut on this one,

"newegg is a good egg"
suck it trebek.

goatface

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 01:18:00 AM »

to close this up..
on June 26th or so, I made a some what negitive post about newegg on resellersratings.com.
in about 30 mins, a newegg csr called my house and left a message.
early the next day, the guy called again and left another message and sent an email.
Later that day, he sent another email.

I finally wrote him back, explained everything and so forth.  He wrote back fairly quickly and told me that when I called to get my RMA the first time, they were having very bad phone problems and the CSR i talked too, was only there a week and was not up to newegg's standards.
He is supposed to be refunding the cost of return shipping I had to pay.  I am not clear if their policy is to pay for nofault returns and the first CSR just didn't do it, or if they are paying for mine caused I complained.

He also sent me a gift pack, AMD promo pen, t-shirt, a led 80mm fan and a replacement round cable.

so all in all, things got better, still think the 2 week wait on returns is a bit long, maybe they will get an east coast branch one day soon.

psychade

• GT Fanatic
    • http://multimediamedics.com
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 02:55:00 AM »

Newegg isn't perfect (no one is). But as for quality and reliability i  have never used a better online retailer for anything computer related or otherwise. I'm glad to hear they tried to make good with you. It reassures my confidence in their CS.

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2002, 08:15:00 AM »

At least it was a certain CSR problem.  I have to try that resellerratings complaining thing.  Good free stuff to those who complain.  gotta love that.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2002, 08:28:00 AM »

Updated July 7th?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 1.401 seconds with 34 queries.