GideonTech.com Forums

• November 18, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Video Card Problem, Red Lines  (Read 3675 times)

DeamonMachine

• Senior Modder
  • Yar, Pass me the Impact!
    • DeamonVengence
Strange Video Card Problem, Red Lines
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

Well, I have taken a screen shot, and So that takes the Monitor problem is out of the question, which is good b/c i'd hate for my 19" LCD to have an issue. I'm using the DVI port on my Radeon 9700 Pro to this monitor, and after awhile of it being on it will do this, sometimes i can wait it out and It will go away for a short time, then just come back. If I turn off the computer for about 3 - 5 minutes, It goes away for most of the day usually, sometimes a couple days. I've got 2  120mm fans in the case b/c i thought it might have been overheating.

It hasn't really chaged the issue all that much. I've updated the driver.. I've reseated the card.. I'm stumped.. So I query you guys for a possible answer. (Yes i've googled too).

Here is the screenshot

Yar! I'm a Pirate!

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: Strange Video Card Problem, Red Lines
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »

I don't think it's a video card problem.  How often have you heard of being able to take a screen shot of a video card problem?

I think its a Windows problem, not sure what though.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

DeamonMachine

• Senior Modder
  • Yar, Pass me the Impact!
    • DeamonVengence
Re: Strange Video Card Problem, Red Lines
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:28:28 PM »

That was my thought too.. I thought it was quite strange that I could take a screenshot of it. I went and updated the drivers again, getting the Win Dot Net fx install and the newest Radeon driver from ATI, and now the PC is running really Slow.. but it's got no demand on the CPU.. it's just like .. slow.. anything that involves the windows componenets.. like right clicking, the menu to come up i can count to 2 before it finally comes up for me to be able to select something..

very strange..

Yar! I'm a Pirate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.