GideonTech.com Forums

• October 04, 2022, 12:26:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i bought a new case :)  (Read 3116 times)

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
i bought a new case :)
« on: January 05, 2006, 05:53:36 PM »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144110 its going to look sweet :D blue with blue LEDs and black trim from the black drives...

anyways, on to my initial thoughts:
the side panel feels flimsy when off, but overall the case seems pretty strong
the PSU is black and mirror polished shiny  :thumbsup: though with so many windows in the case it might have looked cooler if the psu had a window in it
the hdd holder is really flimsy, flops around in the case. i doubt it will be an issue, except i know its going to be noisy
removeable mobo tray  :thumbsup:
the case temperature reader on the front of the case has its own probes, it doesnt rely on the stuff on the mobo  :thumbsup:
the power and reset buttons are recessed. as a matter of fact, i am pretty sure its impossible to accidentally hit the reset button
the case is big. i knew that from reading the measurements in advance, but its one thing to read something and another to see it. its not SFF, but its not a tower or desktop either. so far im loving the unique form factor
i'll give you more thoughts later once i have everything inside the case

anyone else have this one that wants to comment?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:00:21 PM by urgannagru »

DeamonMachine

• Senior Modder
  • Yar, Pass me the Impact!
    • DeamonVengence
Re: i bought a new case :)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »

looks cramped, but in that form factor what can you expect. Airflow might be a bit of an issue depneding how you have you cables run. All around I think it looks pretty neat.

Yar! I'm a Pirate!

ClearCaseMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.casemodman.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 07:47:28 PM »

Those are nice Monarch computers uses them. I might order one for a future project

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »

an update of my thoughts now that i have it all together:

its fan is a bit louder than my previous case (i used to have 2 120s that were quieter than this one) but it cools even better

the windows on all sides frame components perfectly due to the arrangement of the stuff inside. the video card has its own window (assuming no PCI cards), the optical drive has its own (how cool it would be to have one with a window in it) and the HDD has its own window (again, it would be cool to have a hdd with a window in it)

although its a tight fit inside, aspire left room for screwdriver access to all spots, definitely cool  :thumbsup:
the only thing i had a problem fitting inside was the Arctic cool CPU cooler i have barely fit (i scraped it getting it in there)

there were no instructions, so i had no idea how/where to mount the temp monitoring wires that the front case lcd uses to measure

all of the front bezel cables (power, usb, etc) are detachable from the pins, which is great should you ever accidentally break/cut/want to extend or shorten a wire

the psu has the abilityh to do 20 pin or 24 pin, useful if you have a 24 pin mobo

i have a removeable hard drive tray, but i could only fit it in the top 5.25 slot of this case (not a problem really)

the LEDs on the outside of the case arent blue :(

here are some pics of all my stuff inside

« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 08:53:15 PM by urgannagru »

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 09:06:42 PM »

Now you need a new Raptor X HD since you have to have a hard drive on the top where the window is .. Why not one with a window??

I seen the case and had mixed feelings about it .. Right now I dont want a machine that is cramped into a case.
Now live in the Twin cities.

Mustardmakerdeluxe

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 03:41:25 AM »

I got this case in september and I must say I was also surprised by the size of it. But it grew on me as it seems to have grown on you. Yes the fan is louder than most but with that and a good heatsink/fan my 2500xp barton stays at a 25 degrees C and never passes 32 degrees C under load. I have been very impressed with it. The only thing that gets on my nerves is the second screw for the removable hard drive cage(the one nearer the front of the case) you definitely need a long necked screwdriver to access that one. But all in all I am very impressed with it.
New Rig:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Venice Core
Foxconn NF4SK8AA-8KRS SLI Mobo
GeForce 7600GS 256mb
1024 OCZ Premier Series
350 Gigs of Storage
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 33 queries.