GideonTech.com Forums

• December 11, 2019, 01:47:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linksys Wusb11 v2.5 Won't connect properly. Please help.  (Read 4801 times)

DeamonMachine

• Senior Modder
  • Yar, Pass me the Impact!
    • DeamonVengence
Linksys Wusb11 v2.5 Won't connect properly. Please help.
« on: December 12, 2005, 06:59:41 PM »

I've got the USB Wi-Fi device (Linksys Wusb11 v2.5) on my wife's computer. It connects and gets an Excellent connection rating, an IP address, but it just WILL NOT do anything (network wise) I can even see it on my router (Netgear WGR614 V6) under connected devices (for a short period of time, then it just disappears). The Computer will still say it's connected and all is well, but no activity.

I've got the latest driver i can find (on the linksys site, but it's from 2002). Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Yar! I'm a Pirate!

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
Re: Linksys Wusb11 v2.5 Won't connect properly. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »

Hrm, a few ideas to try, none of which I am sure of, but all worth a try:

1) If your router is set to G or b/g, change it to B only. (As in 802.11b, 802.11g, also known as 11mbps and 54mbps respectively). I have seen that fix some vendor compatibility issues before. On my two routers, this option is in the main wireless setting page, but I have seen it in the advanced wireless settings page on some linksys routers.

2) Firmware update on the router. I'd try this if all else fails as it is a "tad" risky, just like a bios update or firmware update on any device, if you lose power during the update, it is bricked.

3) If you get a chance, try running some pings and post back with the results. Try a few things like pinging the router, pinging another PC on the LAN, pinging an internet IP (lets say google's IP address) and then pinging www.google.com. The purpose for pinging the resolved IP AND the host name is to see if you have a possible DNS problem or not.

I have had weird wifi issues too. My pocketPC has a d-link compactflash wireless card and I have a netgear wireless router. Often, it fails to get an IP address via DHCP so I just have it set statically. With my D-Link wireless router (which i disable most of the time because it has poor signal strength), it never fails to get an IP via DHCP. Both routers are 802.11b, both run 128bit WEP, both work flawless with PCs. My conclusion was that the d-link just didnt play nicely with the netgear, but I still dont know exactly what the issue is because my D-Link USB adapter works fine, and so does my Atheros PCI card.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 09:03:19 PM by nemattoad »
My sig goes here

DeamonMachine

• Senior Modder
  • Yar, Pass me the Impact!
    • DeamonVengence
Re: Linksys Wusb11 v2.5 Won't connect properly. Please help.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:18:37 PM »

Well, I fixed the problem, apparently the stock linksys drivers that you get off their website don't have quite all the right drivers or what not in it.

I googled and found this
http://blog.warmbrain.com/2004/Apr/2004Apr03_howto_wusb11_and_windows_xp.html
which has a working driver.

Also, I had check all updates for router (none yet) and when I did the ping test (before I installed new drivers) It would ping (the router) the first time (4 successes) then when I did it again 3 seconds later, it would fail.

Yar! I'm a Pirate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.