GideonTech.com Forums

• December 10, 2019, 03:02:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seaworthy  (Read 2803 times)

Firespark

• Elite Modder
  • What am I typing?
Re: Seaworthy
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 12:44:29 PM »

I don't know, but it sounds familiar, possibly some sort of explosive/incindiary gas like propane or something. No idea though.

i7dude

• Senior Modder
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 12:53:38 PM »

I don't know, but it sounds familiar, possibly some sort of explosive/incindiary gas like propane or something. No idea though.

like propane!!! nice...you are probably going to be the richest person on the forums soon...i mean, you found a way to manufacture a fossil fuel using salt water and a battery!!! f-in amaging!

dude.

:lol:

Firespark

• Elite Modder
  • What am I typing?
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 01:06:15 PM »

I'd be laughing too if that was in context. That was actually my response to what otherwise colorless gas could be the one dyed green in industrial applications for safety, though. Also, it was qualified that i wasn't sure with "No idea though." at the end. Be careful before you skip posts and jump the gun.

P.S. Propane is just carbon and hydrogen, I'm sure you can manufacture it synthetically. probably just at a higher energy cost than it's burning yields, making it economically pointless to do so.

P.P.S. Propane IS odorless though, and has scent added to it for safety reasons, which is where the remark comes from.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 01:08:21 PM by Firespark »

i7dude

• Senior Modder
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 01:27:56 PM »

I'd be laughing too if that was in context. That was actually my response to what otherwise colorless gas could be the one dyed green in industrial applications for safety, though. Also, it was qualified that i wasn't sure with "No idea though." at the end. Be careful before you skip posts and jump the gun.

P.S. Propane is just carbon and hydrogen, I'm sure you can manufacture it synthetically. probably just at a higher energy cost than it's burning yields, making it economically pointless to do so.

P.P.S. Propane IS odorless though, and has scent added to it for safety reasons, which is where the remark comes from.

thank you!!! i will be extra carefull before i skip posts and jump the gun!!!

now that i have yielded your incredibly powerful insight and wisdom think about this...you guys were talking about chlorene gas...and he was saying that it was not naturally green...then goes back in an edit to say that it is, in fact, a colored gas...why would somebody honestly confuse an inorganic gas with a gas that happens to be a byproduct natural gas refining (actualy propane and butane are removed during the process)?  i found the fact that you chose a hydrocarbon over an inorganic extremely funny cause there is no way in hell you can produce it from current and ionized salt water.

dude.

Firespark

• Elite Modder
  • What am I typing?
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 01:44:35 PM »

Are you smoking something? He edited to say that he found out chlorine was naturally greenish, then proposed the question of which industrial gas was he thinking about that was dyed. I proposed that it could possibly be propane or another incendiary gas that was dyed green industrially, citing the fact that dangerous gases like it are commonly doped with chemicals more obvious to the senses.

Recap: I claim i produced chlorine gas from electrolysis of salt water, which, in fact, i did. He claims that what i called "green stuff [chlorine]" was in fact colorless, doped when used industrially for safety. He rescinds that claim, and poses the question "what am i confusing it with." I make the suggestion of an otherwise colorless incendiary gas, for the simple sake of proposing a possibility as to what is industrially doped.

There was no confusion of chlorine and a hydrocarbon, at all, merely the confusion of chlorine being a naturally colorless gas, which it isn't.

Moreover, I am perfectly aware that you cannot produce a hydrocarbon from a solution containing no carbon in the first place.

EDIT: AAAAAAALright, I finally caught your thought process. HE wasn't suggesting that the gas i was producing was organic. He was just suggesting it wasn't naturally green. He wasn't sure in the first place what gas WAS dyed green, so it wasnt that he was confusing propane or the like with chlorene, i think you got that from MY post suggesting it might be propane that's doped. So in turn, he wasn't actually ever thinking that a hydrocarbon was issuing from my stew, thats the point.

Sorry for all that confusion  :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 01:52:05 PM by Firespark »

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 01:54:57 PM »

Stay on topic or this thread is getting locked.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 04:02:01 PM »

Eh, it appears the original poster's question has been answered, if not he can feel free to start a new post on the subject.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.