GideonTech.com Forums

• October 21, 2017, 07:50:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: this just made my day  (Read 15351 times)

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
Re: this just made my day
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:51:46 AM by RaDragon »

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 01:10:19 AM »

question for those of you with a roomba:

how durable are they?

seeing as how they move around on a floor, lets say i have one scheduled to vacuum the room while i sleep. lets also say that i wake up in the middle of the night, half asleep, and don't bother to look where it is. finally, lets say i step on it. is it broken now? or is it built tough enough to probably survive?

ps: they have one on sale now at shopping.yahoo.com (sellout.woot.com) that i just bought

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 06:26:51 AM »

Mine fell down the stairs once cause I forgot to turn on the invisible wall. It still works fine.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »

The Roomba is a vacuum cleaner.  Do you think you really want to schedule it to run while you are *trying* to sleep? Maybe it would be more sensible to schedule it to run while you were out of the house.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »

The Roomba is a vacuum cleaner.  Do you think you really want to schedule it to run while you are *trying* to sleep? Maybe it would be more sensible to schedule it to run while you were out of the house.

Who says I leave the house? :P

In all seriousness though, I sleep with the stereo on loud anyways, so its not like I am going to hear it.

I don't know, maybe I am just used to quiet vacuums?

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »

It's not too quiet, but it's not too loud either.  I'd say it's average.  It's not like you are running a shop vac while you try to sleep.
~ Wierd Al

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

I got my Roomba and have now tested it :) I love it! The thing cleans better than I do in less time, lol. My previous vacuum must not have been very good. Its definitely a bit on the loud side (which is a fairly standard vacuum volume). Its fun to watch. I named mine Nibbler.

My only gripe would be don't get one if you don't want it bumping into whatever furniture you have. I didn't know it did that so much. I just have cheap furniture anyways, so no biggie.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »

My only gripe would be don't get one if you don't want it bumping into whatever furniture you have. I didn't know it did that so much. I just have cheap furniture anyways, so no biggie.

Yea, it's "AI" it to go until it runs in to something.  It's also supposed to immediately shut off if the front wheel drops down so it doesn't drive down stairs, too bad it will still do that though.
~ Wierd Al

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »

Pah, show offs! I actually have a good vaccuum, so now I'm just waiting for the skooba to go on sale cos I hate having to vacuum then Swiffer the floors.

How hard does it hit the furniture? Like, tough enough to cause dents or chipping?

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »

It has a spring loaded bumper, so I don't think it will cause chipping or dents or anything, and its just soft plastic so I don't think it will scratch. It will definitely freak you out though if you are in the other room and all of a sudden something slams into the door really hard. :lol:

It will hit some stuff hard enough to knock items off of a table or spill a drink, for example (at least my small end tables with weak legs which like to sway). It can also knock stuff over if its just leaning up against a wall. It picks up certain throw rugs of mine, so you might want to take any off of the floor before it runs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.