GideonTech.com Forums

• November 21, 2017, 10:47:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: R2 Server  (Read 126572 times)

NEO-THE MATRIX

• Senior Modder
Re: R2 Server
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48:45 AM »

Ok, you got me drooling all over the place now.

Man, it has been a long wait that I always wanted to do something like this but I couldn't find accurate drawing plans.  And parts in my country? Bleah, do not mention it, I even wonder how the hell these people know about "plastic"!!!!
*Celeron D 2.6GHz oced 3.33GHz*
*2x Corsair PC 400 DDR RAM 256MB*
*ABIT IC-7G MOBO*
*GeForce 6600*Internal Sound Mixer*
*SoundBlaster Audigy*SoundBlaster Pro*

BillyBob

• Senior Modder
    • LANOHIO
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 08:31:06 AM »

Neo,

If you want to Learn more about R2 (or R series Astromechs) Check Out The R2 Builders Over @ Yahoo Groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/r2builders/  They have been an amazing Resource, of Info and Detail Parts (I'm getting ready to paint some of the Resin Pieces I bought from one of the members there. And I'll have pics in the Log Shortly....Hmmm maybe tonight if I'm not stuck at work late!)

There is also a group that is work toward an Autonomous R2.....Still under development.....But cool!

The R2builders have 3500 members from around the world, (Europe, Malaysia, Australia, north & South America...and Many more) So I'm sure you'll find some help if you want it!

Billybob

Thanks All for the Positive Comments, Please Keep the Comments coming (positive or other wise....As I'm new to the Worklog thing Let me know How I can make the work log better as well as the Project!)
JusAzU tinkte Inet issafe

BillyBob

• Senior Modder
    • LANOHIO
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »

My Fiber glassing Didn't go as planed. :mad: Currently I have a Very sticky, very flimsily mess in my garage....My first guess I ran out of hardener and was not sure I had put enough in...Guess that thought was Right after all.

Here's the new plan:
buy more hardener
use 1 layer of fiberglass cloth a layer of fiberglass mat (1.5oz short fiber) then cover with another layer of glass cloth. I'm planning on laying this mess up on Friday night (so I'll have time to work on it ...if it dries : Or I'll have time to come up with a new plan that doesn't include fiberglass...maybe some Sheet Aluminum or PVC heated and Bent to shape)

I'll post a pic of the flimsy sticky mess later today!

Billybob
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:06:42 AM by BillyBob »

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 10:03:05 AM »

My Fiber glassing Didn't go as planed. :mad: Currently I have a Very sticky, very flimsily mess in my garage....My first guess I ran out of hardener and was not sure I had put enough in...Guess that thought was Right after all.

Here's the new plan:
buy more hardener
use 1 layer of fiberglass cloth a layer of fiberglass mat (1.5oz short fiber) then cover with another layer of glass cloth. I'm planning on laying this mess up on Friday night (so I'll have time to work on it ...if it dries : Or I'll have time to come up with a new plan that doesn't include fiberglass...maybe some Sheet Aluminum or PVC heated and Bent to shape)

I'll post a pic of the flimsy sticky mess later today!

CrazyBillybob

What brand of Fiberglass are you using??

what I have used in the past is the 1:1 mix Ratio from hobbie shops and the 2:1 from an airospace shop in livermore CA (Better of the 2).  http://www.acp-composites.com/
linear pointed me to that earlier this year.
Now live in the Twin cities.

NEO-THE MATRIX

• Senior Modder
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 10:59:46 AM »

Thanks alot man.

By any chance do you know the site/group of the autonomous R2? cause that is what I am aiming for.

Keep up the so-good-it-cannot-be-described work.

May the force be with you.
*ABIT IC-7G MOBO*

PIYIRIO

• Elite Modder
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 11:03:31 AM »

set it in the sun.. do what ever you can to heat it up like that. fiberglass cures with heat. from what i've heard from old timers it never fully cures either. as long as it's hot, it's curing... thats why old fiberglass is brittle and powdery.

"Lois, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue with a pervert" - Peter Griffin

BillyBob

• Senior Modder
    • LANOHIO
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/r2_Autonomous/ Autonomus R2 Group.

You'll want to join both of them. The R2 Group is into the Look Of R2 so they have all the specs and Blueprints. THe Auto Group is working on the Brains and interfaces (and unique Mechanical aspects) Most of the guys (gals) in the Auto group are also in the R2 Group.

Glad to help you out!

Billybob

NEO-THE MATRIX

• Senior Modder
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »

You're the bomb!

Merci
*ABIT IC-7G MOBO*

BillyBob

• Senior Modder
    • LANOHIO
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 11:55:38 PM »

I've been busy working this evening after returning home from work.

Here is the Not quite Bent enough Piece of Cintra that lead to the Fiberglass Laying.

Here is my first (Failed!) attempt at laying Fiber glass...The Resin never Dried!

So first thing tonight when I got home was to lay up a new Door.
This time I laid 1 layer of Fiberglass cloth then 1 layer of fiberglass mat then covered with a layer of fiberglass cloth. (the mat is on the left, the cloth is on the right)

Here it is all laid up!

After the door is laid up, I started cleaning up so of the resin detail pieces so I can paint them tomorrow.

The resin seems to be drying correctly this time  :)  So tomorrow and Sunday could be busy days fitting the door and painting resin ....doing all those things on that Honey do list!!!

Crazybillybob

BillyBob

• Senior Modder
    • LANOHIO
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 10:57:33 AM »

Dave,
I'm using Polyester resin (I think it's made by bondo) The first stuff I tried was old and I only used about 1/2 the hardener I should have (I figured that out when I was mixing up the second batch). Hopefully this round comes out much better. Thanks for the link I've been checking out some of the products they offer.

Billybob
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.