GideonTech.com Forums

• July 24, 2017, 11:46:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: newegg vs zipzoomfly  (Read 27777 times)

SPIRAS

• Case Mod Weenie
Re: newegg vs zipzoomfly
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

Zipzoomfly sucks.  I orderd some RAM from them, and shortly afer ordering (like an hour) I read the fine print on the product description... this was different than the title of the actual product.  So I immediately called them to cancel the order.. no response.  I e-mailed them immediately after that.  I got a response back the next day saying it was too late.  They only have a 15 day return window on RAM purchases..PLUS you have to have an RMA just to return a product... you actually have to get ahold of someone to get an RMA issued before you can even begin to think about sending it back... so the solution to keep people from returning products is.... send all return calls to voice mail and never respond.  I've been trying to contact them all week.. no luck..  My 15 days (from the date of shipping of course) is just about up.. Looks like I'm going to have to contact my credit card company to dispute charges.  These people aren't worth the waste of time to place an order.. who gives a $@# if you save a few bucks, it costs you a ton more than that because of their misleading, deceptive sales practices and the lack of customer service and overall questionable business practices.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

ttoille

• Senior Modder
  • toilet?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »

Welcome to 'September 19, 2005'

On another note, I have never had a problme with ZZF or NewEgg... But its all depends on personal experience... I learned a couple years ago to always read the fine print also... Little issue w/ 3b4y that I don't want to get into... Other than that, settle down man ;)
Eat, Like A n00b!

OAKside

• GT Fanatic
  • Dude/Man
    • Art Gallery at dART
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 08:25:16 AM »

Zipzoomfly sucks.
I've returned two items, both my fault, both easily through e-mail RMA contact. No probs.

I never bother with the ZZF descriptions (they could be wrong sometimes like anyone else's) and
usually research beforehand through various sites. The only reason I shop at ZZF is the unbeatable
shipping costs and times (I live in TX.) Ordered half of my newest rig from them (over $600) with
no problems, no damage, perfect just like all my other orders with them. Never done me wrong.

I recommend anyone living a good deal away from Newegg or CA (fast-delivery) go with ZZF.
If not for anything else but the extremely fast 2-Day shipping and (used to be free) s/h prices.

Their 'free gifts' are rediculous (credit card holder? pots?! thanks?!) but that's another story.

foolio

• Senior Modder
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »

I've bought many items from both newegg and zzf and have done RMAs to both - with not problems with either.  ZZF definitely has faster shipping.  Everywhere has  small/fine print you need to read before ordering or else you risk running into a situation where you think you're getting ripped off but they can say it was in the fine print...

Excess3

• Senior Modder
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »

I don't use ZZF because I hate their website.
I is just not as easy to find the parts I want.
Searching is terrible and they don't break the parts down into enough categories for my taste.

I use newegg to decide the parts that I want and then may search zzf to see if they have a cheaper version of that one particular piece but that is the extent of my use.  I do the same with mwave.  Needless to say all of my purchases to date have been from newegg.  Its just a more user friendly interface that makes me trust them more.

MashaMarkoma

• Case Mod Weenie
    • Horoahsoe FOTO
newegg vs zipzoomfly
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »

After going through my invoice from 9 months ago to see how much my computer has depreciated in value, it seems the only price on newegg thats gone down is the processor from 230 to 165

HD from 100 to 85
Vid card from 340 to 370 LOL, plus i got CODWAW free with it
PSU 100 still 100
RAM 55 to 100 extra lols
mobo 105 to 100
cpu cooler 20 to 28
optical drive 23 to 32

Im sure I got some of these as sale items... but still...

Is this a newegg thing where their prices arent as good as they used to be or has the price of technology gone up or what? I dont get it.

http://www.nevyandex.ru/uploads/posts/2011-07/13112404561l.jpeg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:22:21 PM by merlinicorpus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.