GideonTech.com Forums

• October 21, 2017, 07:47:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: newegg vs zipzoomfly  (Read 28464 times)

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
newegg vs zipzoomfly
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:09:31 PM »

having never ordered from zipzoomfly before, i have a few questions:

in terms of ease of returns/refunds exchanges, how do they rate? the egg has never let me down in that department, and im ordering a rather expensive item and i want to make sure that zipzoomfly will be as good with returns if necessary (of course, i hope and doubt it is necessary, but thats not the point)

in terms of fast shipping, is their 2day fedex going to be the same as neweggs? or do they have an unforseen few days of order processing?

in terms of not damaging packages and providing good enough protection while THEY handle it (not fedex) how do they rate? not that it could be any worse than newegg (50% of the many cases i received from the egg have been damaged and dont even get me started on packaging processors in bubble wrap...)

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
Re: newegg vs zipzoomfly
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:42:50 PM »

I've only ordered from ZZF, never had to return anything. Packaging was fine, except I think they have a 1-2 day processing time before it actually ships. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

I'm going to say most damage comes from the shipping carrier. They treat some packages like soccer balls.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

computerfreke911

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.geocities.com/computerfreke911
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:54:41 PM »

ZZF should be faster if you live far away from Newegg's warehouses. I've ordered from them before. Everything was fine.

I think Monarch, Newegg, and ZZF are three of the best online vendors.

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 07:39:19 AM »

I used Newegg over and over again and only time I have issues is when it come from the NJ warehouse. Friends scanner came in the standard scanner box with a fexex label on it (So much for the B-day suprize), out all that I bought from newegg, I only had to return 1 item. ZipZoomfly I used and have not had to return anything yet.. but I only bought 1-2 items from them.
Now live in the Twin cities.

Blooz1

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »

I've only ordered from ZZF a couple of times, but each time the order took 2 days to ship.

Outside of that, no issues with them!

Warlok

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:15:05 AM »

Never had a problem getting things from ZZF, yes they have a couple day shipping time, but returning to them is a bitch. I had them take over 3 weeks to process my return and then they proceeded to only return part of it saying they never received the processor from the processor/motherboard combo I returned even though their website showed that they returned both. So I had to go through my bank to get it resolved which took over 6 months to get it resolved. After the bank decided in my favor ZZF started to contact me asking if they could charge me for the processor that I still "had'.

Needless to say, returnes were a bitch with them. IMHO I would rather pay a bit more and deal with Newegg just in case I need to return something.

MegamanEXE

• Senior Modder
    • Cross Fusion
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 04:43:24 PM »

newegg ftw
Whempys LAN Parties Administrator

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 07:45:15 PM »

newegg ftw

well obviously newegg ftw, but not if its gonna cost me 15% more on a $800 order...

Hak Foo

• Elite Modder
  • Far too old for his interests
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »

Never had a problem getting things from ZZF
(snip)
Needless to say, returnes were a bitch with them. IMHO I would rather pay a bit more and deal with Newegg just in case I need to return something.

I would also like to add a resounding here-here.

After my first 6800LE died, Newegg was sold out.  ZZF still had some, so I grabbed one, and after five months it began displaying hideous corruption at all times (even before the OS loaded).

They said they'd RMA, as they were apparently the warranty servicer for that particular product.  I mailed it in in late March.  31st March I got a "it's on back order and will take 2-3 weeks to be addressed".  It's now 2nd May, and no signs of life on my RMA.  I tried to call the returns department twice today, and got voice mail both times; they didn't bother returning my call left at about 12:30 MST within five hours.  It took a week to get a response to a general inquiry "if they can't supply me with an identical card, how do you handle that, cos I don't want you substituting a PCI-E card?"

I don't care at this point if I get a cash refund, another 6800LE, or a different card.  I just want closure.  It's been over a month that I've been sitting on a Radeon 7000.

modnut

• Elite Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 10:23:59 PM »

I'm partial to Newegg because it takes about 2 days less than they say it will take for the stuff to get to my door.  I have used ZZF with no problems, but it did take a little longer to get.  I would agree with the person who said that the best vendors are Newegg, Monarch and ZZF.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.