GideonTech.com Forums

• June 19, 2018, 06:31:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gangsta MMO like Runescape (BETA TESTERS WANTED)  (Read 19015 times)

MCMJ

• Case Mod Weenie
    • MJCenter-Games-Music-Links-Communitys-
Gangsta MMO like Runescape (BETA TESTERS WANTED)
« on: September 03, 2005, 12:54:53 AM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  Im working on a MMO like runescape except gangsta... I need beta testsers.. go to the site.. it isn't up yet but will have BETA 1.0.0 up s00n....
   www.freewebs.com/hiphopromz/    (temp site)

Shiz

• Elite Modder
Re: Gangsta MMO like Runescape (BETA TESTERS WANTED)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 02:41:34 AM »

now, i really dont mean to be an asshat, or a "hater" but damn. This game might appeal to kids whos hero's are rap artists/ex-criminals. Well lets take a look at those kids, they are either too busy commiting crimes, or in jail. So that leaves your market to a very limited group. That of which i doubt many know what a computer is. Now, i know that it has changed since little 6th graders are now so called "gangster"s, or "wanksters". WTF am i saying, i spent 50 seconds watching a video that didnt show any actuall game play, or was that it?

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 04:08:28 AM »

well god knows enough people play GTA, there is probably a market

KoRn Addict

• Elite Modder
  • It's not METAL enough!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »

well, my first impressions is that freewebs hosting is slow as hell... dling at 5.2kb/s

MCMJ

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 06:44:57 PM »

Well first off... I am a rapper so thanks for that... and like he said GTA is doing pretty good don't you think... and I don't know if you've play'D Runescape but its pretty big... so mix them togather and KACKPOT... yea Freewebs... I'm tryN to go cheap buddy sry if you have a problem don't download it.. I used to have a real site..but now I don't so WWW.MJCenter.CJB.NET is it now... well is there any1 acually interested in the game LOL

MCMJ

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 06:46:56 PM »

o yea tha video was made back in 2003 be4 game was made.. Sry LOL BETA Version 1.0.0 will be put up this Sat. Night  ... Please visit site and play the game...

Shiz

• Elite Modder
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »

i am just pointing things out. Truth is harsh, some rappers are ex-criminals, choose to belive it or not. Now, i am not saying all of them are. But if you are comparing the quality of game to gta, that is a different matter. GTA was sucessful for various reasons. But if you expect your game to compete with other big name titles, as you have refrenced your game to, i think you need to step the quality of this game up. Cheap isnt the way to make a quality game, if you are going to do something that the public is going to play and see, do your self a favor and save your rep, make a game the right way.

~Link~

• Senior Modder
    • Project 365
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:07:07 AM »

My first bit of advice: Change Your Trailer. 
As I watch it I'm thinking: dude. what does the friggin game look like?  I know what the game is about: that's already listed on the site.

2nd: Fix the website.
It is not hard to spend an extra minute and a half to check your spelling.  I would not be interested at all in a game whose website contains an extremely large number of spelling errors(looks very amateurish)

3rd: this is agreeing with korn addict, find a better host. 
I was rather disappointed that I spent 5mins downloading your movie, only to discover that it's useless to me.  I hope that the beta will be provided on a different host.  Otherwise count me out.

I may sound like a jerk, but this is the truth.  I have done some beta testing in my day, and while this may be a little hurtful, it can also be very helpful(and when you're beta testing a game, prepare for a lot of responses like this.)  I will try the beta, even though I have no interest in the subject matter, and let you know what I think.
1 photo per day, for 1 year.  http://checkonetwo.ca

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:04:38 PM »

Pretty sure this is a joke.

Indigo.inc

• Senior Modder
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 03:27:49 PM »

Pretty sure this is a joke.

error, I love the new icon man.

the game itself doesnt sound to bad, just as a general concept.
to reach its target audience, people I'm assuming age 12-20 who loved GTA a little too much, it would need a VERY glitsy release and a huge publisher.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.