GideonTech.com Forums

• December 10, 2018, 09:07:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot Coffee, anyone? (sex scenes in computer game)  (Read 12141 times)

logicslayer

• Senior Modder
    • The OtR Podcast
Hot Coffee, anyone? (sex scenes in computer game)
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 02:39:35 AM »

Uhmmm they just now say there was adult content in there??? I think they missed the beating a cop with a double ended dildo!!! :lol:

Daneel

• Elite Modder
  • Briefcase PC
    • Clan | 43
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 05:38:04 AM »

rockstar are going to be publishing a new version of the game with the scene removed from the game files..  so it'll be back with the M or MA or whatever rating it had before, i forget.

Indigo.inc

• Senior Modder
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:02:26 AM »

Quote from: Mustardmakerdeluxe
Quote from: Indigo.inc
The AO rating probably wont hurt sales much either.

Are you serious? It's been dropped from almost all retailers. I work at Toys R Us and we had to discard anything that was related to the game(posters, strategy guides, etc.). I think Take Two and Rockstar are gonna see a bit of a drop in sales.

Toys R Us sells things to really little kids mostly, i don't think GTA:SA had any business being there in the first place. It might hurt sales to five year olds, but most people who want the game could just go to another store that is carrying it

AthlonXP

• Senior Modder
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:56:23 AM »

Yeah, I had to pull all of the games and everything related to it off the shelves at work the other day. I work at Circuit City by the way. We had a lot of parents returning the game as well. My question is this: what's wrong with the console versions? I don't think you can unlock that scene can you?
Our country is going down the hole, thanks to all who voted Bush.

Hak Foo

• Elite Modder
  • Far too old for his interests
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »

So a hidden sex scene, not even enabled by default, is somehow enough to peg the ratings needle, but intensive violence isn't?

I am SO FREAKING SICK of "parenting" today.  Let your kids grow up with murderers for role models, as long as they never have sex.  XP

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »

Quote from: Hak Foo
So a hidden sex scene, not even enabled by default, is somehow enough to peg the ratings needle, but intensive violence isn't?

I am SO FREAKING SICK of "parenting" today.  Let your kids grow up with murderers for role models, as long as they never have sex.  XP

Agreed

I believe that the overwhelming amount of violence and realism is the worst part.  Though, I think there still exists a problem with the sex in the video games because it is fairly raunchy.  Overall, GTA is an awful game for kids to be playing and IMO should have been AO in the first place.  Then again, many parents who do a piss-poor job buy the game for their children regardless.

I don't really believe that the games should change so much as the parents.  It is their fault that their kids are playing these games and the video game companies should not be at fault.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

tayloh

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.taylorhain.com
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 02:11:04 PM »

The game already had the equivalent of an R-Rating. There is plenty of violence and sex in those types of movies so why all of the outcry about a sex scene in a video game.

logicslayer

• Senior Modder
    • The OtR Podcast
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 03:30:45 PM »

yes it is possible to execute the code in console versions it has been done to the ps2 that i know of...if you have a thumbdrive and a certain cheating software gameshark or codebreakers or something then you can unlock it with ease!

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 02:24:20 PM »

Now a grandmother is suing Rockstar games over the content (Here).  She bought the game for her 14-year-old grandson and is not happy with this Hot Coffee stuff going on.

Personally I think that she is an idiot.  The box says right on it MA for ages 17+.  Her grandson is 14.  Let me think... 14 > 17 ???
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

PIYIRIO

• Elite Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 02:46:15 PM »

i hope they counter-sue the b*tch. jesus tap-danc ing christ. it was still rated m for a reason. it kinda reminds me of a pearls before swine comic strip. i'm rat and i put her goes in the non-repro line. although the damage is already done if she has grandchildren.

"Lois, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue with a pervert" - Peter Griffin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.