GideonTech.com Forums

• June 19, 2019, 10:10:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $300??!!  (Read 2618 times)

Beholdereye

• Case Mod Weenie
    • eXpert Marksmans League
$300??!!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 07:23:45 AM »

The only way that you can be positive is by taking off the door panel and actually running a meter on the different parts.  

As far as taking off the door panel, I'd suggest having a few of the little tree-snaps just in case your door is held on by that.  If not, there is usually some sort of metal clips that you need to slide the panel out of after all the screws are out.  The best way to do this is to find a manual on the car and see if they describe how to take the panel off for your specific model.  Usually the general repair manuals will be able to tell you how to do this, they usually cost around $10-$25US

-n00b-

• GT Fanatic
$300??!!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 07:56:32 AM »

Most power window motors are riveted in doors, at work, I grind them off, punch them out, and put the new motor in. I also have a correct rivets and a hydraulic rivet gun, the $9.99 rivet gun at sears doesn't have enough balls. It would be a sob to just bolt them in (ever worked inside a door? theirs not a lot of space for movement)

Motors can be really expensive if its a system that the motor, cables/tape/gears/regulator are all one piece. Last one I replaced like that the part was like $250 from the dealer (if its a system, 90% its a dealer only item) and thats at our cost, not the every day person walking in and ording it.

You might want to get a special tool to remove the door panel, so you don't damage the push in tabs if that is how your door panel is held on. Matco Tools sells a door panel tool set (Part No. DT6000MA) just for that its like $30 and you can get it from matcotools.com or a local dealer. If you break the tabs, usually autozone or advance have replacements under the help section,  but some can't be replaced they are molded to the door pannel.

Alric_the_mad

• Senior Modder
$300??!!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 07:58:24 AM »

regarding the door panel, you can also do as I do (not smart) and just pull on it and see if it comes off. Worked for the door panels in my car; worked for the instrument panel in Dad's.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 3.61 seconds with 20 queries.