GideonTech.com Forums

• August 13, 2022, 08:14:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: LED Replacement  (Read 25778 times)

SJDBASS

• GT Fanatic
Guide: LED Replacement
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2003, 01:55:52 PM »

Building my first computer and I want to mod the hell out of it. Everything blue. Where can I find a square blue LED for my floppy? Also, I want to change out the LED in my wireless keyboard. It is the one chieftec uses. The only LED also doubles as a "connect" button. Can I replace this and what am I looking for? Thanks.

daPyr0x

• Senior Modder
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2003, 02:10:02 PM »

Floppy: I doubt the LEDs are square, most of the time it's just a regular 5mm LED with a square piece of plastic in front of it.

Keyboard: Of course it's possible...though you'd probly wanna pop open the keyboard and check it out....don't know whether you'd need 3mm or 5mm in there...

SJDBASS

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2003, 09:14:51 PM »

:D I ripped everything open today. The keyboard, floppy, and wireless mouse all take 3mm. The optic in the mouse takes I 5mm. I'm a little hesitant to replace it. Looks a little tricky.

renderblender

• Senior Modder
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2003, 06:34:06 PM »

If any on needs blue rectangular Leds, I have several.

disturbance

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

Any one know where i can get connectors like the hdd and pwr connector that come in the case i dont have any old cases to rip them out of and i seen kits that come with led and everything for 14 15 bucks and think it should be just cheaper for the just the connectors and attach the cords like molex connectors

bruno8747

• Elite Modder
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2004, 10:43:06 PM »

you really dont need a special connector you can make you own if you dont want to spend money....just take a small piece of metal and bend it into a cylinder shape then connect the led wire to it then plug it into the motherboard.

nOObee

• Elite Modder
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2004, 10:53:15 PM »

Quote from: disturbance
Any one know where i can get connectors like the hdd and pwr connector that come in the case i dont have any old cases to rip them out of and i seen kits that come with led and everything for 14 15 bucks and think it should be just cheaper for the just the connectors and attach the cords like molex connectors

here...
http://www.jab-tech.com/customer/home.php?cat=67

lvKojakvl

• Case Mod Weenie
LEDS?
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2004, 07:41:02 PM »

i am completely clueless about leds....what i want to do is install a rocker switch to my 3.5 inch drive cover (drill a hole and install the rocker).  I want to drill a hole above the rocker and install a led there...how can i make the led tell me when the rocker is on or off.....what connections do i need to make and what items do i need????????
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 47 queries.