GideonTech.com Forums

• November 17, 2019, 05:44:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something is wrong!!!!  (Read 6637 times)

Xian

• Case Mod Weenie
Something is wrong!!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 07:13:02 AM »

I have a similar issue on Vampire: Bloodlines, and if memory serves, run on the same engine.

As odd as this sounds, try lowering the priority of HL2 in the processes.  It worked for some of the other Vamp guys, as well as increasing the pagefile/swap space.

Firespark

• Elite Modder
  • What am I typing?
Something is wrong!!!!
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2004, 11:00:59 PM »

Quote from: DeadlyDonkey
I would try overvolting your vid card a little, i had the same problem with my 9800xt, that it just wasnt getting enough juice, and i kicked it up .1 volts and everything worked great.  I actually then was able to bring it back down to default and still have it run fine.  Just bump the voltage up a few notches and see what happens.

wait. i am busy ocing my gfx card (so far i have gotten it from 425 to 566, yah...) and i was wondering if the same principal holds true for gfx that it does with cpus -more mhz more power needed. My question is, when you say you upped the voltage, do you mean agb BUS voltage or the voltage going to the gpu chip itself? if the latter, how?

Xian

• Case Mod Weenie
Something is wrong!!!!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2004, 12:58:55 PM »

Quote from: Firespark
My question is, when you say you upped the voltage, do you mean agb BUS voltage or the voltage going to the gpu chip itself? if the latter, how?

Not sure, I know my AGP Voltage (on a Radeon 7200) is at 1.6 instead of 1.5v and that seemed to help, but i'm not sure if thats the AGP Bus or the GPU voltage.  In the case of my MSI motherboard, the voltage can be changed in the Bios or through Windows w/ their Core Center program.

I change it in winodws to test, but in the bios for longterm, as the Core Center doesn't always store its values for me.

Firespark

• Elite Modder
  • What am I typing?
Something is wrong!!!!
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2004, 08:22:40 PM »

Core Center -what is this... the voltage your talking about is bus voltage, but i would like to check out core center.

Ok, just googled, its an msi thing. now the question is-dare i try it on my asus...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.