GideonTech.com Forums

• October 01, 2020, 12:28:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light Show case- need suggestions on how-to  (Read 1400 times)

kaffine

• Senior Modder
Light Show case- need suggestions on how-to
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:42:39 PM »

So while I was up at PDXLAN over the July 4th weekend(started Thursday actually =0) I ended up winning a case in a raffle.  Its kind of lame, pretty cheap.  I believe its made by "Turbo Case" or somthing, Its alright.  I am going to make spots for 120mm fans in the front and back, to get rid of the 80mm mounts(there are still going to be 2 80's, one top, one window).  The case is pretty much a premod, pre-windowed, blowhole in the top, 2 LED fans, and some fan grilles to go with the paint job(which is like the best part of the case).

The winnings also came with 2 sets of Lazer LEDs(a 3LED array) in Green, and at the MonsterFrag lan in San Francisco just this weekend, my brother won a set of 2 4in green cathodes which he didnt want.  I also have a bag of 50 super bright blue LED's, 35 of which are remaining.  Plus I have a strobe light hanging out in my closet.

So, my plan is to create a light show, preferably programmable from the computer and communicated out the serial or parallel port.  I'm not sure exactly how I should go about it, maybe just some AND gates with constant flow on one end and the input from para/ser on the other, outputting to one of the leads on the LED's or cathode or whatnot.

Suggestions?

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 04:36:52 AM »

Use a PIC connected to the parallel port and then another circuit to drive yer lights,

bigal

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.hellzbellz.net
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 10:02:59 AM »

parallel is easy:

http://www.discolitez.com/

8)
Computers and Electronics... A deadly mixture..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 34 queries.