GideonTech.com Forums

• March 03, 2021, 12:45:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet Wave  (Read 70304 times)

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
Quiet Wave
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 03:36:01 PM »

Quote from: Grump
Quote from: error
I don't really see where you're going with the window.

As I said in my first post, it's going to be my picture. You can see by the images that it is actually a depiction of my avatar. I've had the same avatar for years. It's the perfect embodiment of me -- Grump. I couldn't personalize this case any better if I tried.

Seeing that your avatar doesn't work, it makes it a bit hard to see where you're going with it. Don't get so defensive, especially when the fault is on your side.

Also, you really shouldn't post personal pictures on the Internet unless you're ready for some sort of criticism. I know it's not "good morals" thinking that way, but this IS the Internet and doesn't require them.

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • 1 Foot In The Grave
Quiet Wave
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 03:09:04 AM »

Quote from: BalefireX
Grump - for your avatar and/or signature to show up, you have to "buy" them with karma in the special privelages shop here.
http://forums.gideontech.com/shop.php

Yes, thank you, BalefireX, I'd read about that the other day. Just haven't had time until now. But, I did show pictures of my avatar in my images and thought I described what I was doing well enough.

----------------------------------------------

When I left the other day, I had made the basic cutout for the acrylic panel. As Syberz so cleverly alluded to, I want this to more than just a 2 dimensional, flat window; I want it to have depth. My avatar has character and I want to bring some of that out in a way you don't often see in your standard case window.

I saw a reply to a thread about case cutting yesterday and a member suggested that you couldn't do cuts that were intricate and had sharp turns. Although I did make some cuts with the Dremel for this project, I did it to show the variety of tools used for cutting cases and acrylics. In fact, most of the cuts I make on my projects are made with a jigsaw. It can cut the fine details, sharp curves and do it quicker.

Those feature lines and the perimeter of the cutout I want to show black acrylic behind. When you look at my avatar (thanks to GideonX), you can see the black outline and features and this is what I would like to show in a bit more dimension.

As you can see, there's an awful lot of filing and sanding to do, even with accurate cuts. Of course, the background or body of the design is orange. So, this is where the dual layers come in.

Everyone tells me I got a big mouth. ;)

The plan is to mount 2 80mm fans in my mouth. Should be cool. Get it? Cool.

Okay, time for me to go to bed.  :zzz:

Grump
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:44:04 AM by Grump »
R'gards, Grump
Photographer @ JimMcClainPhotos.com
My latest non-mod related project.

goawaystalkers

• Elite Modder
  • Hello
    • J3hijinks
Quiet Wave
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 09:59:17 AM »

I really like the fact that you're venturing away from the standard clear window; should look really nice. What are you going to use to attach the window?

Also, im suspicious to say the least that those are your "friends".

Syberz

Quiet Wave
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 10:28:33 AM »

Quote from: goawaystalkers
Also, im suspicious to say the least that those are your "friends".

So, with you subtlely saying that you're full of hot air (my interpretation of the fans in the mouth), I must say that I too am suspicious.

Steal_this_username

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 10:50:23 AM »

That case is coming along nicely. I canít wait to see the finished piece. Also, even though the pic with Porcha demonstrates importance of safety Iím still unclear. Maybe another pic where Heather is showing us how to use a chainsaw in a safely manner would help all of us understand better.  :D Good luck to you on the rest of the project.

lisa

• Case Mod Weenie
Quiet Wave
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 11:43:12 AM »

i can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished! the design is really unique- its cute and so far all the other mods i have seen have just clear windows on the side
~-L33tsa-~

Nrk

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 11:48:47 AM »

yes going with colored acrlic is kewl n creative
but im sure its was pretty costly ....

i got a sheet of regular clear lucite 28X30  for 11 bucks

i was gonna get the lucite tuff stuf but was insanely priced  like an 8x12 sheet was 16 bucks crazy stuff

hope that coloered stuff didnt cost as much as that

matthew

• GT Fanatic
motherboard
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 04:14:05 PM »

what motherbord is that

EMPRESS

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 07:00:09 PM »

great looking fan grill! very original.

danwatt

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2004, 11:31:28 PM »

i'm liking the layered plexi idea, i've never even thought about that myself. i think i'll give it a try sometime.
Another quality post^^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.649 seconds with 89 queries.