GideonTech.com Forums

• March 03, 2021, 12:33:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet Wave  (Read 70301 times)

Syberz

Quiet Wave
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 02:07:33 PM »

I like the drawing, I'm eager to see how that window will end up. Maybe a double layer plexi would look cool, light one in red for the face and the other in yellow or white  for the mouth/eyes.

s0up

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 04:55:12 PM »

I don't actually think that girl is the modder, if you look close, she's jig'ing some wood, not an aluminum case o_O
If you're anything like me, the first thing I saw was that jig saw ::drools::

Nrk

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 05:19:40 PM »

*Edited*

please respect other forum members.

-GTF Admin

Pironix

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 05:28:36 PM »

that'd be the wrong finger for a wedding ring..

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 05:32:15 PM »

i hear ya, a jigsaw is a modders best friend for straight cuts :)
My sig goes here

outonanisland

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 05:37:27 PM »

nice case, and that last picture is dangerous, where is her safety gear.

TIME FOR A SMOKE!!!

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • 1 Foot In The Grave
Quiet Wave
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 03:12:07 AM »

Quote from: DarkLordSyn
Great job on the case so far. Can't wait to see finished results. And, yes, I prefer the Dremmel. Jiggsaws are hard for me to use, but then so are a lot of tools because of my unsteady hands. But, hey, that's why we have out friends. :-D

Thanks, DLS. Thanks also for not making some rude and immature remark about my friend, Heather (and I realize only a couple of posters showed disrespect, but they put a real sour note on this thread). I wonder what it is, sometimes, that makes so many people think the Internet or their relative anonymity behind a keyboard makes them think it's alright to be disrespectful. I doubt seriously that most of these remarks would be said, had Heather and I been standing in their presence.

For the rest of you,

Yes, I posted an attractive young woman for your enjoyment. It is NOT an invitation for rudeness. If you want respect from me or Heather (or any of my other friends), you will be respectful. If you can't be respectful, then please don't participate in my worklog. I promise to do my best to be respectful of you. Please do the same for me and mine.

[/rant]

Quote from: error
I don't really see where you're going with the window.

As I said in my first post, it's going to be my picture. You can see by the images that it is actually a depiction of my avatar. I've had the same avatar for years. It's the perfect embodiment of me -- Grump. I couldn't personalize this case any better if I tried.

Quote from: Cranberry
Hehe, i like the window shape. Put an etch on it.

No etches on this case window. It's not even a window. It's a design element that you might be able to see through somewhat. Mostly it's going to be a glowing representation of me (my avatar) using acrylic and light.

Quote from: Hash1774
i like it, looks very nice. jig saw's are definatley the way to go. and if that don't work, theres always the sawz-all.

HAHA! I got one of those too. With the bi-metal blade attached, who knows what modding magic can be performed.  :lol:

Quote from: Syberz
Maybe a double layer plexi would look cool, light one in red for the face and the other in yellow or white for the mouth/eyes.

Oooo, eerie. Are you clairvoyant? You don't know how close you are. I think you will like the effect. I'm gonna do my best to be faithful to the original design and to toss in a couple of innovative twists. Still, it's really just a simple mod. A simple mod with a great deal of attention to the details.

Quote from: outonanisland
...and that last picture is dangerous, where is her safety gear.

You're right, of course. I am an advocate of safety first. However, the jigsaw Heather is holding isn't really plugged in and she's not really using it -- except as a prop. To show you how important I think safety gear is, here's my helper, Porcha, cutting some base for my house:

------------------------------------------

I'm glad to see there's some interest in this project. I just got back from a short trip and am very tired (it's after 1am now). So, let me leave you with this very nice addition to my project, compliments of Chris Baltar, of Custom Water Cuts. I asked him to design a fan grill based on my avatar. He does beautiful work.

I'll have more progress to share with you all tomorrow evening (California time).

R'gards,

Grump
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:14:54 AM by Grump »
R'gards, Grump
Photographer @ JimMcClainPhotos.com
My latest non-mod related project.

outonanisland

• Senior Modder
Quiet Wave
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 03:16:42 AM »

can i ask you waht motherboard you have in that, looking at the rear panel it seems to have alot of stuff that i would look for in buying a new motherboard (yes i really am looking at a new mobo) firewire, lan decent kinda looking sound (i know onboard sound isnt anything fantastic) and that funny orange connector near the usb's.

TIME FOR A SMOKE!!!

Syberz

Quiet Wave
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 11:06:50 AM »

Quote from: Grump
Quote from: Syberz
Maybe a double layer plexi would look cool, light one in red for the face and the other in yellow or white for the mouth/eyes.

Oooo, eerie. Are you clairvoyant? You don't know how close you are.

See Balefire! I told you I had ESPN.
(inside joke from like a week or so ago)

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
Quiet Wave
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 01:38:01 PM »

Grump - for your avatar and/or signature to show up, you have to "buy" them with karma in the special privelages shop here.
http://forums.gideontech.com/shop.php

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 145 queries.