GideonTech.com Forums

• May 31, 2020, 12:55:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: defective camcorder = cheap lcd screen  (Read 1157 times)

danwatt

• Senior Modder
defective camcorder = cheap lcd screen
« on: June 03, 2004, 04:56:56 PM »

so i was cleaning out my garage, and i stumbled across my old sharp camcorder. it has a large lcd (2.5-3in) on the back, similar to this one:

so basically, i have an lcd that i can use RGB signals with such as the composite-out on my geforce. i don't know if anybody's done this with a camcorder LCD before, and if they did, I haven't heard of it. infinitly easier than trying to salvage a laptop lcd, or wiring up one to the serial port. once i get access to my friend's digital camera, i will start work on this, and take pictures. broken or defective camcorders are pretty easy to come by. check garage sales, or the number one internet auction site.  this one

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15075&item=3818966940&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

for example, probably works fine, maybe a bad soldering job on the circuit board or something. as long as the lcd isn't obviously broken, it should be useable. and look, you also get a small 320x240 pixel lcd (the viewfinder) you can stick anywhere.

and now that i think about it, has anybody tried using the lcd on a calculator? hmm

anyways, once i get the camera i will begin working on this.
Another quality post^^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.