GideonTech.com Forums

• November 12, 2019, 11:42:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: car speaker and headphone wire  (Read 1002 times)

ilaali

• GT Fanatic
car speaker and headphone wire
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:48:35 PM »

okay let me lay it down for ya'll I did a raid of all 10 radioshacks within' 5 miles of my house and bought using the $5 discount a whole bunch of sh*t...DUring my raid I for some odd reason..prolly because i was bored of picking up vinyl cd-rs bought a car speaker...now i need some help to make this useful, Does anyone have any experience wiring a car speaker using headphone wires...i wanna use them to play music from my cd player.. i looked at some wiring schemes online but so far I had like 3 seconds of sound then nothing...any help?

PMV

• Elite Modder
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 10:06:24 PM »

are you planning to wire it directly to your cdplayers sound jack? if so, dont think your cdplayer can pull enough current/voltage to power a speaker that big. Youd rape your batteries awefully fast if you ever got it to work, so itll end up costing you a ton for new batteries. Besides, the sound would be extremely weak that its not worth it anyways. Portable CD Players are made for headphones, not speakers.

Maybe a better use of it is to put it in a cabinet and make a new speaker for your stereo or something, maybe a rear center, just an idea.
"I nine an eleven-eloin with my five'k"

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:59:09 PM »

You need an amp. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.