GideonTech.com Forums

• October 01, 2020, 07:15:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: I told you nintendo sucks..  (Read 3222 times)

fuware

• Senior Modder
I told you nintendo sucks..
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2004, 07:38:38 AM »

True dat.  I second that emotion error.

oldschoolnes

• Elite Modder
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2004, 09:55:01 AM »

Now i dont own all three consoles, and have limited play on Xbox (I own a PS2 and my roommate has a GC).  But if Sony has anything on the other two systems, it is there considerably larger librairy of tittles.  I am in know way trying to fight in the console war, i have not enough experience with all three consoles the make a respectable opinion.  I work at a Toy store and we have easily three times as many titles for PS2 than for GC or Xbox.

sirgeoph

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.frobba.com
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2004, 12:18:42 PM »

Quote from: oldschoolnes
Now i dont own all three consoles, and have limited play on Xbox (I own a PS2 and my roommate has a GC).  But if Sony has anything on the other two systems, it is there considerably larger librairy of tittles.  I am in know way trying to fight in the console war, i have not enough experience with all three consoles the make a respectable opinion.  I work at a Toy store and we have easily three times as many titles for PS2 than for GC or Xbox.

the ps2 came out a year before the other 2, hence more games, plus, sony had good third party ties with the ps1 and kept them for the ps2. that's definitely sony's strong point: third party support. that and marketing. when people think new console, they think playstation.

nintendo and microsoft need third party support. microsoft being an american company doesn't get the support from most japanese third party companies (i.e. capcom & snk). nintendo, although a japanese company, has strict licensing (they've always ahd that, since the NES days... that's what has always hurt nintendo, if anything) so not many people want to develop. that and this half-true fact:

big chain electronic stores (circuit city, best buy, etc) work on commission (well, some) and therefore selling an xbox or ps2 makes you more money than a gamecube, since theyre about twice the cost of a cube.

plus the small shape, the tiny discs, the bright colors... nintendo is giving off that "kid console" vibe and hardcore gamers aren't buying it.

though, i personally like those aspects of the cube, from what i've seen in gaming forums, that's why people hate the cube.

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2004, 12:49:37 PM »

Best Buy does NOT give commission.

CyrusD-

• Senior Modder
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2004, 02:05:15 PM »

Quote from: modnut
that was just stupid.  if i had money to waste like that i would do it on something productive.  that was just stupid.  really stupid.

Same thing I was thinking heh....
That really just shows how dumb some kids can be after saving up their lunch money for a lil while....

Atleast they aren't buying drugs with it or buying guns to rob me in 5 years

Digital_Mana

• Senior Modder
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2004, 04:35:48 PM »

Quote from: sirgeoph

*snip*
and before you bitch, I own all three systems and have at least 14 games on each, so I dub myself capable of making these comparisons.

nobody cares...

rockchalkjayhawk

• Senior Modder
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2004, 03:15:02 AM »

what's the point!?!? these guys r tools!
their parents probably spent good $ on that thing.
punks!

there's 7 minutes of my life that i'll never get back.

:D

sirgeoph

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.frobba.com
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2004, 05:10:55 AM »

Quote from: rockchalkjayhawk

there's 7 minutes of my life that i'll never get back.

hahahahha, that had me laughing for a good while
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 91 queries.