GideonTech.com Forums

• August 03, 2020, 04:17:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Timing circuit?  (Read 3154 times)

Abyss

• Senior Modder
Timing circuit?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 10:53:36 AM »

I'd be using a 6 to 12 volt motor and how I power it depends on what the circuit looks like.

I hadn't planned on relays and I can't seem to find much info on a polarity switch, except that they might be expensive.

So, now I've seen that I don't need to use a timing circuit, for anyone who hasn't read this thread so far.  Instead, I might use some triac configuration, or SCR.

For someone who knows about the triac, does it work with DC voltage as well as AC?  It doesn't seem google has much for DC applications.  Furthermore, does the output of the triac (whether the left or right main terminal is powered) depend on the + or - voltage applied to the gate?  As in, in order to trigger a - voltage from the triac, would I have to apply - voltage to it in the first place?

As always, I'm still struggling to understand.  Thanks for your patience.

drizzt1781

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~dajhnsn2
Timing circuit?
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 02:21:21 PM »

ooh, i meant you could use a second relay to reverse the control the direction of the motor.  i'll try putting together a picture (although i'm sure everyone will have a good laugh at my MS paint skills)

ok, here we go -

if you want to do this with a 12 volt motor, i would recommend something like this (6v motor could probably be done with just a few transistors)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 2.55 seconds with 35 queries.