GideonTech.com Forums

• October 31, 2020, 09:01:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Firecracker Wireless Lighting Control Kit from X10  (Read 1978 times)

snow veil

• Elite Modder
Free Firecracker Wireless Lighting Control Kit from X10
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 10:27:55 PM »

got mine in the mail the other day, it's nice for six bucks.  The only problem I've seen so far is...it's not WinLIRC friendly :(

I'll need to see about using my IR circuit with a different girder plugin, then.  Still though, for six bucks it's pretty fargin awesome!

Also, there are tons of third party programs written for the firecracker, even a server/client set that allows you to control your appliances remotely.  In essence, you could set up a webserver to access anywhere in the world. Pointless, but neat :)

Nate53085

• Senior Modder
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 10:30:12 PM »

Got mine, but be careful...they will try to cancel if you send one more then 1 to the same address.  But supposedly when they cancel it, there is a link in the email to a $15 off next purchase coupon...I can't confirm this though.  They wouldn't send one to a friend in the same dorm building because he had almost the same address as me.  But they let him send it to his house  :roll:   They aren't very smart
So put that in your pipe and grep it

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 07:22:56 PM »

Quote from: Nate53085
Got mine, but be careful...they will try to cancel if you send one more then 1 to the same address.  But supposedly when they cancel it, there is a link in the email to a $15 off next purchase coupon...I can't confirm this though.  They wouldn't send one to a friend in the same dorm building because he had almost the same address as me.  But they let him send it to his house  :roll:   They aren't very smart

Yes, do you do get a $15 off coupon.

linear

• Senior Modder
  • cruel, inhumane or degrading
    • linear1 case mods
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 11:19:35 PM »

Got mine yesterday too, and it does the trick. I haven't fooled with the peecee interface yet cause I'm about to move, but I'm planning on using it with bottlerocket on FreeBSD. It should tide me over till I get my TW523 wired up and write my own PHP front end to xtend.

"Honey, is the light on in the garage?"
*click*
"Not anymore..."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 47 queries.