GideonTech.com Forums

• August 13, 2022, 07:45:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: Building and Programming a PC Remote  (Read 26372 times)

modnut

• Elite Modder
Guide: Building and Programming a PC Remote
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 10:53:27 PM »

nice guide snow_veil.  i think i might try that one day of one of my other rigs.  right now i'm using an ATI remote wonder.  the best part: free with my AIW 9600 pro.

anyway, that is very nice and simple guide.  one day when i get some time i will give it a try.

tintruder

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 12:59:57 AM »

Folks might also want to look at http://www.pcremotecontrol.com/ as his app is pretty darn good too.

And if you don't want to BUILD the IR Receiver, go to http://tekgems.com/Products/winamp-remote-control.htm and get the Packard Bell remote and serial IR Receiver.

You can use Girder if you like, or the PCRemoteControl4 app with it. Use the PB remote or any other universal remote.

I used the app and the PB remote receiver to successfully create an XP-MCE remote page on my Philips Pronto TSU3000. www.pronto.philips.com

oOSpOOkYOo

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 12:11:43 PM »

I am not sure if I get this, but can this be done using basically any everyday IR remote?

snow veil

• Elite Modder
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 12:49:43 PM »

Quote from: oOSpOOkYOo
I am not sure if I get this, but can this be done using basically any everyday IR remote?

yup.

and thanks for the input tintruder and mars.  I'll have to check those programs out :)

Also thanks for the circuit idea sky.  I like the circuit that petri used because it's small and simple, but you're right in that it may not work for everyone, and it's far from perfect.  The primary focus of the guide was to teach how to initially set up the remote and get everything running smoothly.

oOSpOOkYOo

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 05:15:07 PM »

lol I feel stupid posting so many times, but im getting 5V in all the apropriate places. Everything is on a common ground, but none of these programs are getting a signal? The 1,5,7 pins are all soldered apropriatly, and i'm on the correct com port... Any Ideas?

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 05:27:04 PM »

Maybe you don't have WinLIRC running.  You'll have that yellow circle on your systray if it is running.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

oOSpOOkYOo

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 05:40:12 PM »

The problem is when I use winLIRC or similar programs, when I try to config using "learn" I get no response. I've tried multiple remotes and rebuilt the circuit, and im confident the circuit is properly built.

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
    • x24
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 06:49:06 PM »

a good way to see if your circuit is picking up your remote or if the remote is not working is to go in winlirc and go to Raw codes.  then point your remote to the receiver and press any of the remote's buttons.  if it displays numbers, then you know the receiver is picking up the remote's commands.  Now sometimes "training" winlirc the remote's commands can be a pain, since you have to make the same command at least 10 times (?) for it to accept it.  other than that, check your circuit again.  I've had times before when it doesn't seem to work, turns out my connections aren't right.

oOSpOOkYOo

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 07:59:53 PM »

I have rebuilt the circuit about a dozen times and im certain it's correct, but i'm still not getting anything from any program, and yes it's on the right port. The regulator is taking in 7.6V and putting out 5V everything is set to a common ground, maybe a bad ir reciever? The reciever is listed as being a working model... I'm about ready to give up on this.. =\

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
    • x24
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 08:03:40 PM »

there are many reasons why this won't work.  your receiver led might be busted, it might have a different pin out, you might have the capacitor wired wrong (the leg near the stripe is the negative leg), etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 49 queries.