GideonTech.com Forums

• December 11, 2019, 01:44:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which radiator, and which pump?  (Read 839 times)

Richer

• Case Mod Weenie
Which radiator, and which pump?
« on: February 19, 2004, 01:50:20 AM »

I'm slowly piecing together a water cooling setup and I need some help deciding on what components to get.  The goal of this setup is:
1.) Low noise level.  My current setup (sk-7 with a 38cfm 80mm fan) isn't too bad, but I want to further reduce the noise level.
2.) Expandable for future upgrades.  I'm currently running a 1700+ at stock speeds.  I'm happy with my cpu performance wise, since I usually don't run anything too intense.  However, when I do upgrade, I only want to swap cpu blocks without changing my cooling configuration.
3.) Currently, I'm debating whether or not I should get a gpu block.  I'm currently running a 9800 pro (also at stock setup).  So being able to add a gpu block sometime in the future should also be kept in mind.

Right now, I'm deciding between either this radiator or this one.  I realize from reading around that the Black Ice series of radiators are pretty much proven... but at the same time its nearly 3 times more expensive than the swiftech one.  So which radiator would give me the best bang for my buck?

As for pumps, I'm deciding between this or this.  I know that the swiftech one is a dc pump, so I won't need a relay.  I've heard that both pumps are as realiable as a eheim... there's only a 10 dollar difference between the two, so thats not a big problem.  Which one would you guys (and gals) pick?

I appreciate any help you all can give me =)
-Richer

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 01:53:24 AM »

I can tell you from experence, that Swiftech MCP600 is a flat out awesome pump.

computerfreke911

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.geocities.com/computerfreke911
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 04:35:46 AM »

i'll be happy to take that sk-7 off your hands :)

get the switech radiator and the hydor pump, i've heard the hydor pumps more, and the black ice radiator will prob give u like 2C better at the max

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 06:40:44 AM »

For best performance and lowest noise, I would go with the swiftech pump, and a heater core with shroud.  A heater core (from a car) will have lower flow resistance and better heat dissipation than any commercial watercooling radiator, and be much cheaper, and are easy to find locally.  You will have to buy/fabricate a shroud to allow you to attach fans to it, but that shouldnt be a big deal, especially considering the savings.

Yaesr

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 08:20:02 PM »

hmm if you're looking for cheap pumps try here:

Not cool, just plain stupid.
-GTF Mod

lol sorry i just HAD to
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.