GideonTech.com Forums

• October 25, 2020, 10:46:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intel Mobos?  (Read 979 times)

Spotlight 7

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.geocities.com/spotlight7mods
Intel Mobos?
« on: March 27, 2002, 10:53:00 PM »

What is your guys opinion on Intel Motherboards? Ive had a couple of diffrent Mobo brands in the last couple of years, and Im now planning out my new system. Im Thinking of an intel board because Its stable. Very Stable. And thats what Im wanting, Its going to be for my Video editiong system, so I won't be overclocking it any. Should I go with an Intel Board, or do you guys recondomend another brand/chip/ect.?

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Intel Mobos?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 12:16:00 AM »

If you aren't considering o/c'ing the board, Intel boards are pretty good, but I would shop around for the right board that will fit your overall needs.

Look at RAM (type/slots/maximums) especially if your going to do vid editing.  Look at expansion slots, for more cool cards to be plugged in.  Look at any built in stuff (video, audio, etc) and see if you really need that stuff.  IDE/SCSI/USB 2.0....etc, etc.

Overall, Intel boards are pretty good, but look for the one that will meet your expectations....  BTW - I think they (Intel) boards are a bit pricey, but are still a good choice (and BTW, I work for them).  :)
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Xenopharb

• Senior Modder
Intel Mobos?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 01:55:00 AM »

Intel makes stable boards, but they cost a bit more for no good reason.  

If you want stable, I'd recommend an Asus board. The Asus board will add a few features but not stray too far from the reference board.

Spotlight 7

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.geocities.com/spotlight7mods
Intel Mobos?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 01:10:00 PM »

Nmdante, you work for intel? Think you can see if you can get me a deal For a board?  :D

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Intel Mobos?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 06:17:00 PM »

On 2002-03-28 13:10, Spotlight 7 wrote:
Nmdante, you work for intel? Think you can see if you can get me a deal For a board?  :D

I wish.

I've had requests for free CPUs, motherboards, and even (don't know why) Flash memory.

Once I start getting free CPUs, etc...then I might think about getting some for Gideon to giveaway for contests, and stuff.

:)
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 34 queries.