GideonTech.com Forums

• February 22, 2018, 06:04:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Max Payne  (Read 7657 times)

General Gossip

• GT Fanatic
Max Payne
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »

the game rocks.. what more can I say...

*goes back to playing max payne*

Justin Sampson

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.sampsonwebdesign.com
Max Payne
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »

Yeah, it's a sweet game. Right up there with Halflife and NOLF on my list. :)

DougthaThug

• GT Fanatic
Max Payne
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »

Max payne is great. But I've gotta give it a 9.5 out of ten. (Bought it for 16 bucks at circuit city!)
One of the funnest things about this game is replay value. I don't mean tring the harder settings (although new york minute is unique) I mean all of the little things in the game that I didn't notice the first time around.  Like listening in on the conversations between people . "...I've got a name for my gun, I call it Dick justice..." haha.  Also some of the easter eggs rock. Dopefish lives! Oh and the one with the rats that have desert eagles that's hilarious.  I suggest that you guys search the web for max payne easter eggs. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Chain

• Case Mod Weenie
    • http://www.vtfproductions.com
Max Payne
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2001, 04:40:00 AM »

Disclaimer:  
None of my opinions expressed in this post are to be taken in any way. Do not attempt anything said by me unless you check with local laws and ordinances.  If you are a member of any law or government branch this information cannot be used against me, and any harassment of Gideon or the staff for information leading to my identity is a violation of our civil rights.  After reading this disregard all information stated.  And never stick a fork in a wall outlet unless you have protection.  Always be kind and rewind your rented videos. Do not eat with your mouth full. And Please keep off my grass! Stick it to the man and know your rights as an American citizen!

Ok, here's the thing. You want companies to continue making good games. Then buy the ones they make now. You won't continue to receive good entertainment unless you support the company making it. And don't give me that whiney crap that you won't know if you'll like it or not. That's what game demo's are for. Now sure I use to be a large-scale software pirate back in the day. With a crew dishing 0-day's constantly on our International BBS. But then I got this thing called a job! Witch allowed me to pay for games!  Game pirates are going to be a thing of the past. And I would much rather see piracy in Application software than games. Games are cheap compared to App's!  But that's something the industry needs to work out on it's own. And I don't want to see any form of high-level encryption on the next hot game to come out! It's bad enough what M$ plans to do with Windows XPoop!

Not sure how to get that $50 bucks cause your to young to get a job? Then hit up the old people in your neighborhood by offering to wash a car or cut the grass. Tell them you need the money for your Science fair project!  If the game you want is that good. Itís worth the 4 or 5 hours doing crap for old people.  Youíre a student on a tight budget? Donate Blood! Or in WS's case. Sperm... Still out of luck? Do the environment a favor. Go around local parks collecting cans. (This works if youíre in a state w/o a deposit) And címon you have to be in better shape than the local bums. Just steal the shopping cart full of them! Or if you have musical talent, sit on a busy corner and put that to use!

-Chain's Rant of the Week!

otaconx

• Senior Modder
    • http://otaconx.net
Max Payne
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »

heh, for games and stuff, i say: buy it

but for software like photoshop that's rediculously expensive..... i use GIMP :D

look, i'm a comp-sci student and i heavily study and plan to become a game programmer. profits help the industry, simple as that.

and btw, i beat max payne. really good game, w/ a lot of replay value... and a great storyline. btw, bullet time rulz :)

ozntz

• Elite Modder
Max Payne
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2001, 10:49:00 PM »

think it would run ok?
400Mhz celeron
Soyo 7VDA
256 MB DDR 21000
Voodoo 3 3500

dogstar

• Elite Modder
Max Payne
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2001, 02:44:00 AM »

hmm, single answer...probably
566 celly
crap mobo (got my new one now tho :D )
64 megs of pc100 at the time
32 meg tnt2

it ran nice for me, without fiddling the settings too much
supra: why drive when you can fly?

honda: cause everyone needs a winter beater.

ozntz

• Elite Modder
Max Payne
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »

it runs ok... i play it on my bros... its a tad better via 733, 256MB PC133, Geforce 2 mx 400

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
Max Payne
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »

Doug, how'd you get it for 16 bucks?  was it on sale?  I can't find one on either CompUSA or even Electronics Boutique, but i saw one in Target for 50 bucks.  
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.