GideonTech.com Forums

• June 03, 2020, 08:35:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limiting roommates subwoofer  (Read 6925 times)

TMM

• Senior Modder
Limiting roommates subwoofer
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2004, 12:16:51 AM »

you could steal his subwoofer and open a window and put muddy boot print on his floor (too make its look like someone has broken in) , and then when he's sleeping :zzz: , get his sub and his speakers and play really loud some really annoying music like the wiggles or scooter something  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

:P  :roll:  :thumbsup:
1800+ JIUHB @ 2.11ghz 10*211  || 512mb PC3500 || 120gig sata ||

daPyr0x

• Senior Modder
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2004, 12:44:41 AM »

hit the switch on his computer's PSU to switch it over into 220 volts
he won't know what to do
:-p

prophecy421

• Senior Modder
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2004, 02:04:58 PM »

I thought of a keen solution that might work and everything should be at your local hardware store.

I did she same thing to my PC way back in the day (when a 286 16Mhz, 1MB ram, 5MB HDD, 256kb cga 8 bit isa video card  in a stylin XT case was was a sweet setup) to boot it up from down the street when I walked home from school.

what you will need:

2-3 peices 1-3ft long 110V insulated wire, like the kind in wour walls its usually sold by the 1000ft spool, in some stores they do have a cut to length sold by the foot spool.

4-6 110V wire caps, they usually look like the thimble piece from monopoly have a thick plastic covering and screw on to 2 wire ends,, hell or just solder and shrink tube it. it looks cleaner, and less resistance it its hard wired anyway.

1 replacement plug the one you will need to buy depends on the plug on the subps power cord

1 each (This is where it may get costly) Genie (the company that makes garage door openers) makes a 3 button remote, a module that plugs in between your wall socket and a lamp for example, that would use one of the extra 2 buttons on the remote
If I remember correctly the genie 3 button is 3 channel per frequency so the cheaper one button remotes may not work since they are made 1 channel per frequency.  

What to do:

remove the sub, power supply and amp assembly  from its enclosure, where the power cord comes into the enclosure and before it leads to the powersupply you will need to cut it somewhere in the middle be sure to note which wire is what. )expecially if its a gounded plug) where you cut the cord on the powersupply side plice some of the 110v wire together and install the replacement power plug on the other end of the 110v wire you just spliced onto the powersupplu side making a short power cable that will be inside and hidden. (the length og the wire depends on where inside the enclosure you are going to mount the genie, a good place would be hotglued or vibration and flex purposes rtv siliconed inside and to whatever the enclosure is made of, you may need to remove some sound isulation to do so obviously)  On the genie module solder some of the 110v wire directly to its 3 prongs (be sure to insulate the prongs with shrink tube or electrical tape) then splice the other side of the wire to the powercord that leads to the wall socket. (once again keep an eye on how and where the wires splice into each other) if the sub is a 2 prong plug snip off the prong and insulate the stump thats left behind. it wouldn't be very peachy doing all this work ane the hot glue or rtv fails to hold the genie in place. one thing leads to another sparks fly, it catches on fire explodes gives your eoomie a heart attack, your relaxing after a long day of work.. or maybe it was your day off and your neighbor who is gone for the day has one of those stupid small breed dog thats the size or a rat and left it in the yard and you get to spend your day playing out your  fantacy of right walking up to it all friendly like just to pick it up and punt kick it just to see how far it will fly. on your second punt of the day the sub explodes bits and pieces are flying through yout wall and the metal frame of the speaker  (still on fire i should add) flies out of your house like a as if it were a hubcap launching from the wheel of a car doing 150 MPH, the dogs in mid air, 50 feet up and allmost 80 yards away. the flaming supersonic flying subwoofer collides with fido and explodes like a firework in the sky.  bits of flaming chiuagua are falling to the ground.  in otherwords maddness. and for what? roomie to live through the heartatack, and buy a new morepowerful sub? and have to live through the slpeepless nights again. then redo all your work that you put into the remote controlled, hidden overthecounter, custom ultra swiched wall socket adapter? I would hope not.  and double check all the wiring and tape or shrink tube bare wires :idiot:
Modding since 1992

TMM

• Senior Modder
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2004, 06:48:10 PM »

Quote from: prophecy421
one thing leads to another sparks fly, it catches on fire explodes gives your eoomie a heart attack, your relaxing after a long day of work.. or maybe it was your day off and your neighbor who is gone for the day has one of those stupid small breed dog thats the size or a rat and left it in the yard and you get to spend your day playing out your  fantacy of right walking up to it all friendly like just to pick it up and punt kick it just to see how far it will fly. on your second punt of the day the sub explodes bits and pieces are flying through yout wall and the metal frame of the speaker  (still on fire i should add) flies out of your house like a as if it were a hubcap launching from the wheel of a car doing 150 MPH, the dogs in mid air, 50 feet up and allmost 80 yards away. the flaming supersonic flying subwoofer collides with fido and explodes like a firework in the sky.  bits of flaming chiuagua are falling to the ground.  in otherwords maddness. and for what? roomie to live through the heartatack, and buy a new morepowerful sub? and have to live through the slpeepless nights again. then redo all your work that you put into the remote controlled, hidden overthecounter, custom ultra swiched wall socket adapter? I would hope not.  and double check all the wiring and tape or shrink tube bare wires :idiot:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :o  :o  :o  that would be sweet to watch  :D
1800+ JIUHB @ 2.11ghz 10*211  || 512mb PC3500 || 120gig sata ||

eelriversteelhead

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2004, 01:40:51 PM »

Put a switch inside, duct tape a Zip-Zap car to it in such a way that using the remote would allow you to turn it off. You don't ruin any thing and you have fun with duct tape. (You do have a Zip-Zap or two around don't you?)

jpantoga

• Elite Modder
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2004, 07:20:37 PM »

one day while he's left the house, epoxy sound insulators to the walls and floor, like the tin foil thing (read the post, but only covor walls and floor) and also insulate the door.  Not only will you not be able to hear the sub, but his buddies will come in wondering what the **** he did to his room.  All you have to do then is stay with a group (if you venture into the house alone you might get owned) also learn to sleep lightly.

jpantoga

• Elite Modder
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2004, 07:21:25 PM »

one day while he's left the house, epoxy sound insulators to the walls and floor, like the tin foil thing (read the post, but only covor walls and floor) and also insulate the door.  Not only will you not be able to hear the sub, but his buddies will come in wondering what the **** he did to his room.  All you have to do then is stay with a group (if you venture into the house alone you might get owned) also learn to sleep lightly.

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2004, 07:23:50 PM »

I think we turned the page on this...
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 47 queries.