GideonTech.com Forums

• December 14, 2019, 09:43:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PcMods.com RheoBus  (Read 1505 times)

Mr.Mysteriosity

• Senior Modder
PcMods.com RheoBus
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2003, 06:11:06 PM »

Hardcanoes are crap, dude.

On the working of the Rheobus, it is a system where one molex lead powers all of the devices connected to it.

On this rheobus, the system provides 20 Watts per channel, enough to power two (possibly three) fans per channel. as for the connection of the fans, the de facto standard is "bare lead", which is achieved by cutting off the molex connector and stripping off about half a millimeter of the remaining coating. After doing this it connects through a screw down port using a jeweler's screwdriver. If you are using fans with a three-wire connection, only cut the power wires (red and black) and leave the yellow so that the RPMs can still be detected, and connect this to the motherboard header and the bare wires to the Rheobus.

As for the way this kit is sold, without knobs and LEDs, this keeps the plain kit cheap and allows for a great deal of customization, you can buy six different colors of knob.

Also, one must drill their own holes in their own bay cover, but there is a template included.

Best of luck with your first fan control device.

Neema12

PcMods.com RheoBus
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2003, 06:11:23 PM »

I have purchased this product and can say for its price, I might get a few more. I paid 10+leds and switches and the same product would retail much more at frozencpu part by part. Also, this is similar to the Sunbeam fan controller that can be found at SVC. Also, I would give up now soundman. Just give it up.

Mr.Mysteriosity

• Senior Modder
PcMods.com RheoBus
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 06:12:52 PM »

He should have known that hardcanoes are crap.

Burz

• GT Fanatic
PcMods.com RheoBus
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2003, 06:15:27 PM »

Thanks Mr.Mysteriosity, your post really helped me on how to install the rheobus, it doesn't look so hard...Harder than a pre-made...but I guess I can manage to do it :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.