GideonTech.com Forums

• August 23, 2019, 08:09:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3way on-off-on momentary switch  (Read 472 times)

Fanny J. Crosby

• Senior Modder
3way on-off-on momentary switch
« on: October 12, 2003, 11:25:03 PM »

This is actually a car project and i am making a remote control. I have a momentary-on-off-on 2 way toggle switch to make a car go forward and reverse. HOW do I wire this?

I tried doing it like a 5v-off-12v baybus switch, but i am trying to use one battery. Am i dreaming? I would have to make the current travel one way while the switch is pulled one way, and go the opposing way while it is thrown the other. I was thinking if i split the battery terminals into 2, it would be easy, but im just not sure. I have tried to many trial and error ways of doing this to keep experimenting and also i have looked extensively for any type of wiring schematic for these online so even if you simply post a link, i will  /kiss you. Ok, maybe not, but i would be very thankful.

NOTE: batteries, not a power supply

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
3way on-off-on momentary switch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 11:36:13 PM »

making it go forward and reverse is just making the polarity reversed also, as far as DC motors are concered.  Try this:

Code: [Select]

+
to motor + lead <--o o o--> to motor - lead
to motor - lead <--o o o--> to motor + lead
                     -

the + and - on the top and bottom respectively is your battery.  when you switch it one way, it connects the + of the battery to the + of the motor.  Same goes with the - line.  when you switch it the other way, the + of the battery connects to the - of the motor, and the - of the battery to the + of the motor, reversing it.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.