GideonTech.com Forums

• June 03, 2020, 08:26:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphical LCD connection who ha  (Read 1553 times)

endscape

• Senior Modder
Graphical LCD connection who ha
« on: September 14, 2003, 02:58:20 PM »

Alrighty, so I posted a while back about these two snazzy LCD's that I picked up at a garage sale, and both of those ended up working wonderfully.  Now on to my next task.

My dad works at a golf course, and he pulled out these really old irrigation controllers, big steel boxes basically.  The part that really caught my eye was the LCD.  its got to be over 640 pixels long and 64 pixels high, this thing is massive.  It has an el backlight, but the inverter is built on too the main control board of the irrigation unit.  

What I need is information on the connection of EL backlighting, what kind of inverter to pick up etc, as well as any information anyone has on the HD61200 or HD61203 controller chips, I cant find anything.  All the graphical LCD's I can find only have 20 pins, this one only has ten plus the two for the backlight, so I'm kinda stuck, if anyone has seen anything on or about these chips/ LCD please post 'em.

Thanks,

Endscape
Merlinicorpus: "Ok, before we go any further, let me enlighten you on something. Z is not an S. Accordingly, you should not use Z in place of an S. Words like "thanks" are not something that should be abriviated. It's just as easy to type KS instead of X. When using exclamation points, either use one or three. If you are using so many that you can't keep the shift down and start adding 1s, you have probably added a few dozen too many."

endscape

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 11:20:45 PM »

Oh the humanity!!

A shameless bump
Merlinicorpus: "Ok, before we go any further, let me enlighten you on something. Z is not an S. Accordingly, you should not use Z in place of an S. Words like "thanks" are not something that should be abriviated. It's just as easy to type KS instead of X. When using exclamation points, either use one or three. If you are using so many that you can't keep the shift down and start adding 1s, you have probably added a few dozen too many."

qscwdvefzrax

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 11:56:50 PM »

Doing a search on http://www.google.com/search?q=HD61200+IC&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0">Google turned up a thread on eio.com, which gave a very sketchy http://eio.com/public/lcd/0506.html">pinout. This might be helpful. There was also an United Kingdom retailer, http://www.dialelec.com/425.html">Dial Electronics who sells the 61200/3 chips; try to call them and ask for a pinout.

Hope this helps and good luck.

endscape

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 12:08:59 AM »

You wonderful wonderful person!!

I looked on EIO and couldn't find a thing, I wonder if I speeled something wrong?

thanks again,

Endscape
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.