GideonTech.com Forums

• October 17, 2019, 04:06:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash Memory  (Read 2853 times)

weirdo1491

• GT Fanatic
Flash Memory
« on: September 05, 2003, 11:06:25 PM »

Does neone know how an atmel flash memory ic works? It different from the toshiba model and i was wanting to find some 64meg cheap online but only found atmels and don't fully understand them. so if you could explain it that would be great.

Neema12

Flash Memory
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 11:13:49 PM »

wtf? :-?

timid1

• Elite Modder
Flash Memory
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 11:26:37 PM »

Are you programming FPGA's or ASIC's???  Actually, that's a stupid question, because if you were, you wouldn't be posting questions about ATMEL.  Please be specific about your needs by starting with what you are planning on doing.  And for crying out loud, is it that difficult to compose a proper sentence?!

weirdo1491

• GT Fanatic
Flash Memory
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 11:32:28 PM »

Fine u want to know what i want to do w/ them i'll tell you. I was planning on using them like a smartmedia. i kinda understand how the toshibas work (which is what is in them, or a samsung but they are almost identical) but i don't understand how the atmel flash works. i would go out and buy smartmedia cards but digikey has flash mem. for pretty cheap by atmel. so if you could help me on that i would apreciate it.

timid1

• Elite Modder
Flash Memory
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 04:16:41 PM »

I found only three flash memory parts by Atmel on Digikey.  Part numbers I've found are: AT45DCB002-ND, AT45DCB004-ND, and AT45DCB008-ND.  Those are actually MMC cards, so unless I missed something, those aren't what you want. And besides, those are hell expensive.

I'm going to go another step here and ask that you post the part numbers of the parts you were looking at.  We're not psychic.

weirdo1491

• GT Fanatic
Flash Memory
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 05:53:49 PM »

THe atmel part number is AT29LV512. I have searched everywhere on how these are used but still can't find anything about them that explains them and tell you how to use them. If you have any schematics or ... something helpful, plz post it.

timid1

• Elite Modder
Flash Memory
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 09:39:36 PM »

First hit on google.

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/GBA/at29LV512.pdf

You won't find anything else more detailed than that.  What you're asking for is something that SHOWS you how to integrate it into your project.  You won't find that anywhere.

weirdo1491

• GT Fanatic
Flash Memory
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 09:49:50 PM »

Yeah I found that, but really what i want to know is can i use that instead of the toshiba tc58512ft model. I looked at the data sheets and didn't really understand it. i know how to use the tc58512ft, but what i want to know is what pins on the Atmel model go with what pins on the toshiba model if it is at all possible. Again any help would be greatly appreciated

weirdo1491

• GT Fanatic
Flash Memory
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 10:23:30 PM »

New question. In the atmel model of the flash memory, it doesn't have a RE, CLE, ALE, WP, RY/BY, or GND input pins like the toshiba model. now other thn the ground input, which I'm pretty positive that you need it, would you get away with not having those pins. Also I'm not sure but it looks like the OE pin in the atmel model could be used as the RE pin in the toshiba model. i don't know if that would work or not but if you could correct me on this it would help greatly.

daPyr0x

• Senior Modder
Flash Memory
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2003, 10:25:08 PM »

well, to be perfectly honest, if you can't understand the datasheets and such, I'm thinking the toshiba model you are referring to was referenced to you in a guide.

And, if the toshiba model was referenced to you in a guide, chances are your best bet is to stick with that model.

I'm pretty positive that anything you can do with the toshiba model you can do with the amtel model as well, however, without a knowledge of how either really works it's really pretty hard to convert between the circuitry for either...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.