GideonTech.com Forums

• November 17, 2019, 03:04:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Just some words  (Read 3827 times)

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay
Just some words
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 12:42:47 PM »

As viridius said, I'm not against helping people, if I can I'll help, but what I don't like is people asking for circuits and things like that without having any idea of what they're doing and they let that thing to you.
For example I've replied to leds and resistors questions a lot of times, and I've also asked about electronics.

Some people think that this is kinda a request circuit forum for what they have in mind, and it's not, it's a forum for helping.

"Don't help them" this is true, but we will have a ton of those posts.

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
Just some words
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 01:38:19 PM »

I'll put up a standing offer: if anyone wants to learn about electronics in modding, I will teach them.  Just give me a PM.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
Just some words
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 02:31:24 PM »

I don't think sky/viri/etc. are really saying they don't want to help people in need. But more to the fact that, they won't help you if the only thing you want is for them to do all the work.

for example, "can you design me a circuit layout so i can power up my LEDs to synchronize with my toilet flushing".

they won't design you something like that, but they will help you towards it. just like they would answer any electronics Qs you have. no one said they weren't going to help, but some of the requests are so broad, its impossible to cater to everyone if everyone has that sort of behavior/mentality.

we are not against helping, heck, just look at all the threads on this forum. just that helping has a certain extent before it ends up being sky/viri/etc. project instead of the person asking it. i hope that clears it up

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

chrisbliss18

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.geocities.com/chrisbliss18@sbcglobal.net
Just some words
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2003, 03:23:40 PM »

Please don't misunderstand. I think that both viridius and Skylined are very helpful. Since I've joined this forum, I have read many posts, as many as I have time for as a matter of fact. I find both of them to be very helpful and patient. I think what set me off is that I actually saw a post that's supposed to be a once and for all statement against such behavior. In my experience, people who ask for too much, don't read the posts, don't search Google for the answers they are seeking, and don't even bother thinking about it too much. So I think this post addresses deaf ears. I'm suggesting just putting up a reply stating that they are asking the forum for freelance work, and that if they expect the forum to provide the solution, then they should be willing to pay for the effort. If they are not interested in hiring someone, then they need to do some more research beforehand. I think rather than addressing these posts with replies of this nature, they are just left alone. Educate these people. Reply to their posts with information that we don't do that here. And Skylined, I certainly hope that you started the post because of something stupid someone posted and that you aren't getting frustrated with the forum. I say that you shouldn't have to guard your words by not addressing who you have a problem with. Tell them so that they can learn from their mistakes. And yes, if anyone has anything to say to me, please tell me. I want to be an addition to this forum, rather than a parasite.

tenchi58

• GT Fanatic
Just some words
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2003, 03:55:22 PM »

Help, I did look in google, and found nothing. So would anyone kindly show me how or point me in the right direction for that LED fart sensor. thanks in advance

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
Just some words
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 04:23:13 PM »

skylined, viridus, timid, templar, and some of the mods and balefireX the odd time, and a few other people I have noticed are really helpful in terms of electronics/troubleshooting circuits, not that lots of people arent, they are just more then others, and for that they deserve our thanks, you should be happy then even help you out a slight bit, dont whine if they arent your slave.....

google is your slave :P
My sig goes here

chrisbliss18

• GT Fanatic
Just some words
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2003, 04:27:03 PM »

LOL... I like that Google is our slave reference.

fuzzball172

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.leeraven.com/mod/mod.htm
Just some words
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2003, 05:09:03 PM »

Guys. I am not accusing anyone of not helping out, so far i have recieved nothing but good advice and plenty of pointers... from this i have learned a fair bit about electronics... i will no doubt ask many more seemingly stupid questions, but the way I see it, is that the only truly stupid question, is one that was never asked... the point i was trying to make is that there are newcomers here, we will ask seemingly stupid questions, maybe expect too much to start with... but what knowledge i lack in electronics, i have spent the last 35 years learning other stuff, and one day I might be asked a really stupid question, to which my answer will be....

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay
Just some words
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2003, 05:34:03 PM »

chrisbliss18: this Electronics section is very new, so instead of pointing at someone or something I prefer to talk in general so that this thing doesn't happen anymore.

About the newbies, I was once a newbie and belive me I've nothing against them.
My first post was totally stupid and many people replied in a good way, well... I'll welcome newbies the same way as they did with me.

chrisbliss18

• GT Fanatic
Just some words
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2003, 06:07:02 PM »

Sounds good Skylined. I just wanted to say my two cents. I think it was also at least partially due to sleep deprivation. I'm just looking forward to being a part of this forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.