GideonTech.com Forums

• July 13, 2020, 12:06:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Just some words  (Read 4135 times)

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay
Just some words
« on: September 05, 2003, 11:58:34 AM »

I'm not going to point at posts nor people that posted, I'll just talk in general.

When you ask something about a circuit don't wait for us to draw a schem or something like that, investigate and try to do it by yourself, and if you cannot understand then ask for help.

It's simple to say "I want a circuit that will light up leds when I fart and that will turn off my PC whenever I jump 3 times on my left foot".
And last, you need to learn about electronics and stuff, start reading things or try to sign up for some classes in some school or university.
This is like any other thing like mechanic, architecture, etc. First you need to learn at least basic things, the way to learn is up to you.

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
Just some words
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 05:47:55 PM »

Right.  I've got no beef with troubleshooting other peoples circuits, but if you want us to draw you a circuit you can find on the internet in 30 seconds, it's a bit of a turn-off.  Excellent places to look for circuits: IC manufacturer's websites, google, etc....
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

timid1

• Elite Modder
Just some words
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 11:27:43 PM »

Biggest problem with the people that want diagrams drawn for them is that they're the ones that don't have the slightest clue.  But hey, that's what google is for.

Shiz

• Elite Modder
Just some words
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 11:43:16 PM »

People are lazie what can you do..

joey514Chz

• Case Mod Weenie
Just some words
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 12:22:41 AM »

Its a shame that you even have to tell people not to just ask...Doing the research on your own is the fun part.

fuzzball172

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.leeraven.com/mod/mod.htm
Just some words
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 03:00:28 PM »

There are those of us who, are new to this electronics stuff... I want to learn, but in order for me to learn, I have to ask the questions... but in a subject so alien, as this to me, I also don't know what questions to ask...

OK, ok... so there are some lazy assed people out there who want everything handed to them on a plate... but there are some of us who are just new to all this... please be patient with us

timid1

• Elite Modder
Just some words
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 04:08:28 PM »

Quote from: fuzzball172
There are those of us who, are new to this electronics stuff... I want to learn, but in order for me to learn, I have to ask the questions... but in a subject so alien, as this to me, I also don't know what questions to ask...

OK, ok... so there are some lazy assed people out there who want everything handed to them on a plate... but there are some of us who are just new to all this... please be patient with us

No, this is what an education is for.  If you go to school and still don't know which way is up, then it's entirely possible that the electronics field isn't for you.  No big deal.  Don't take it personally.

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
Just some words
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 04:18:21 PM »

Quote from: timid1
Quote from: fuzzball172

No, this is what an education is for.  If you go to school and still don't know which way is up, then it's entirely possible that the electronics field isn't for you.  No big deal.  Don't take it personally.

WTF?
This whole thread is against the idea of what forums are about.... HELPING PEOPLE.

If you don't want to help someone with their question, DON'T POST.

This whole "I'm better than you because I know electronics and therefore I'm not going to answer your newbie questions" mentality disgusts me.

You weren't born with an innate knowledge of electronics, or of anything else for that matter.  At some point, you learned it.  Telling him that because he doesn't know much about it right know that he shouldn't try is ridiculous, and implying that he is uneducated or stupid is just assinine.

You all need to step down off your high horses and reconnect with reality, or alternatively, click that little grey X in the top righthand corner of this window.

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
Just some words
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 05:43:40 PM »

Let me rephrase:
I will help anyone who asks to determine what kind of circuit they need for a particular application
I will help anyone who asks to design their circuit or find one online and to select the right parts
I will help anyone who asks to learn techniques for construction of said circuit
I will not, however bust my balls for five hours to do all the work for someone who wants some esoteric circuit, but doesn't want to do any of the work (not saying these people are on the forums, but hypothetically...)
To recap:
If you're willing to at least show a passing interest in the process of making a circuit, I'm willing to do as much work as it takes to get it up and runnning.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

chrisbliss18

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.geocities.com/chrisbliss18@sbcglobal.net
Just some words
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 12:27:08 AM »

I just wanted to post my support for BalefireX's view. I'm new to this forum. I joined because you all looked so supportive of eachother. I was very suprised by this post. If a person is asking too much of the forum, then the forum will not respond, or as I have seen it, tell the person to post more info and search around. I'm very new to case modding and I'm just learning electrical. It's a hit and miss thing for me and a very new concept. I know this ins and outs of programming, but just a basic knowledge of electronics. I thought the point of this forum is not to be a gathering place of experts to post their "l337" skills, but rather to share our own talents with those that do not possess them. I seriously hope that many of you do not share this sentiment that seems to have shown itself here that in order to mod, you have to know everything, then start modding. That seems to miss the point of learning while you go, which I believe is where the fun in modding lies. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just trying to say that there is a place for everyone here I'm sure. For those that you feel are asking too much, don't help them. Tell them what they need to learn on their own before posting such a question, rather than just tell them that they are being lazy. And if they are lazy and you don't bend over backwards for them, they'll be forced to do it themselves. [Dismounts soapbox]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 76 queries.