GideonTech.com Forums

• June 19, 2019, 10:51:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antec is awesome imho  (Read 2826 times)

pewterpez

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.eviltangerine.com
Antec is awesome imho
« on: March 07, 2002, 11:28:00 PM »

Okay, I recently got a new antec SX1035B (if you didn't see my post about the window :)) anyway, while surfing on ****...I saw this: (I'll quote it cuz eventually **** will take it offline)

ANTEC FRIGGINí BLOWS!

Yes, I do have a brand new Antec PP303XP Power Supply for sale. If you want more info, go here: http://www.antec-inc.com/product/powers/pp303xp.htm

Granted, Antec makes beautiful stuff, but they think they make a perfect product and have no clue how to treat people when there is a problem. I know when I was looking to buy from them, I hit **** first. My experience with them was awful and I hope I can make you think twice before dealing with them.

Simply, I got all my components locally, except the case and power supply, which I ordered from Antec Ďcause I heard good things. Put it together, plugged it all in, turned it on, nothing. I thought I did something wrong, brought the motherboard and processor back to the store, guy says it is fried! RMA-get another one, plug it in, fried again. The last thing I suspected was a faulty power supply from Antec, so RMA, got another, fried again. So I call Antec, they say send us all your components with the power supply, weíll test it and reimburse you if we find our power supply is faulty. ďCoolĒ, Iím thinking. So I send it off to them.
This is where everything gets ugly. Two weeks after I send it, I start calling. They never answer their phones, always straight to voicemail. Even while on hold, their messages says something like ďPlease leave a message. We make a point to call you right backĒ. A crock if there ever was one. So after a week of me calling, a tech calls me, letís call him Alan, and leaves a voicemail on my machine saying they were at fault and will replace my components. Thatís it, no more information. So I start calling again, trying to get more info on what to do next. Another week of me calling them. Iím now getting a vibe that this is going to take some time. When finally talk to Alan, he says they will go purchase the parts I sent them and send them to me. I suggest simply cutting me a check, he said send me some receipts and Iíll check with my supervisor. No problem. I do that the next day. Again, another week of me calling them to see what the deal was. Finally, I get another call from Alan on a Friday afternoon and he says they probably wonít be able to give me what I paid for it, but only what they would pay for it if they were to buy the components. But he would check and get right back to me. I DIDNíT GET ANOTHER CALL FOR THREE WEEKS!!! By that time, I had called them almost daily, now I was leaving messages on Alanís bossís machine, letís call him Bill. Neither of them felt like calling me back. Finally, when I talk to Bill, he says the same thing, offering me less than what I paid. By that time I was so fed up I took the loss. I certainly didnít want them to send me components. If something went wrong with them, I was not going to be caught up in another customer service nightmare. So he said heíd cut me a check for the components, but he couldnít refund the power supply, only replace, company policy. Fine, he would send it out tomorrow. Iím happy it is over. But another week goes by, nothing. Again, I start my calling. A couple of days later, I finally get Bill and he says the guy who signs the checks was out for a week. WHY DIDNíT YOU CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT, BILL? IíM GOING CRAZY FROM THE NOT KNOWING! This was a Friday. He said both the check and the power supply will go out on Monday. Finally, the following Thursday I get the check BUT NO POWER SUPPLY. ARRRRGG! So I cashed the check, bought all new components and power supply and set up my computer, which is doing fine. The power supply came a week later. Itís brand new and looks lovely, but I wonít put it in my machine out of principle. It sickens me.

BOTTOM LINE-ANTEC CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WRETCHED. IF YOU BELIEVE THEY MAKE A PERFECT PRODUCT, AS THEY DO, BUY FROM THEM. IF YOU ENGAGE THEM IN ANY FORM OF CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE, BE PREPARED FOR A LONG, FRUSTRATING ORDEAL. THE UNIT I HAVE IS BRAND NEW. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IT, I'LL GIVE YOU AS MUCH ASSISTANCE AS ANTEC WOULD, WHICH IS NOTHING.

Personally, I've had nothing but great things from antec support....I accidently broke one of the purple fan holders and e-mailed them about it and they asked for my address, I gave it to them, and they said "consider it sent" .....I'm thinking this is a good company m'self!

Whatever that guy's smokin', I want some...

f1int7

• Senior Modder
Antec is awesome imho
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 12:14:00 AM »

I've had great service from Antec myself as well..My power button stopped functioning and they sent me a new face asap. Great company imo.

pewterpez

• Elite Modder
Antec is awesome imho
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »

damn....I'm with you flint....if only **** had a messageboard to comment on the auctions, I'd make sure that this guy was informed that antec is a good company and that he's full of sh*t...

pewterpez

• Elite Modder
Antec is awesome imho
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2002, 03:58:00 PM »

update: I mentioned that I needed new fan holders to cust service, just today I got them! a lil' slow..but it's FREE! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.