GideonTech.com Forums

• September 23, 2019, 01:32:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolermaster quad LED fan switch?  (Read 1276 times)

Rookie_DDZ

• Case Mod Weenie
Coolermaster quad LED fan switch?
« on: August 27, 2003, 09:58:25 AM »

I just got some Coolermaster Quad LED fans for my rig. But I want to run the fan, but have a switch to turn off and on the LED's for the fan. Anyone know how I can do this? The fan is a 3-pin connector, but the LED wires are tiny wires stuck in a groove around the fan. What's the best way to hook a switch up. I think I will always run the fans, just maybe not the LED's

isisfreak

• Elite Modder
    • Kickass Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 08:03:07 PM »

Well it depends on how the LED's are wired. Could you take some pictures of it?

TemplaraPheonix

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 09:08:32 PM »

My best guess is that they're tapped off the 12V connector on the 3pin. This is the red and black wires. Try to find the little wires used to circlie the fan and power the LEDs. Most are series, meaning you can just cut anywhere that would be easiest and install a switch. Parallel forces you to have to put the switch right before the tap, which may cause it to become crowded. Either way is doable, though I think eventually manufacturers will just install switches or LED controls into their LED fans by default.

Rookie_DDZ

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 07:43:58 AM »

I will try and get photos. But I looked last night, the tiny LED wires are coming from the center, under the sticker on the fan. So, I guessing the power goes to fan first, then splits to the LED's. I'll just have to take one apart, no big deal.
I think it's very do-able. I doubt I'll buy new fans when the fan makers come out with built-in switches. They should of thought about that first :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.