GideonTech.com Forums

• December 14, 2019, 09:44:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had this given to me and I'd like to find a use for it...  (Read 4817 times)

TemplaraPheonix

• Senior Modder
Had this given to me and I'd like to find a use for it...
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 07:55:05 AM »

From what I saw on the web site, they didn't say what controller it used. Finding that out would be my first task. Unfortunately in the relm of graphic LCDs, anything besdies the SED1330 and the T6369Cs has almost no software read to go. Hooking up the parallel connection is fairely easily, if it really is a 4-bit. However, the real problem is in software. If you know about microcontrollers and have decent skills, go for it. I personally have a T6369C and am using PowerLCD until I have some time to try my hand.

However, I can more than understand many forum member's comments that it's a waste of time to try this. I mean, without a program to at least test that your LCD works, modding it into your rig or investing a lot of time into playing around with it can easily become a waste.

Cascade Overload

• Senior Modder
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 11:00:52 PM »

I'm glad that I have a test system just for this sort of occasion, I would never dream of adding anything to my current system without plenty of testing first....

Quote from: daPyr0x
hrm, reminds me of another lcd thread post I saw earlier today...the whole "why mod somethin new when you can buy it or follow a guide"

Cascade: that ribbon cable, what's on the end of it?

As for the ribbon cable and end, it's a standard 9 pin mb plug for a serial connection....at least that's what it looks like to me......
http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/warphunter1

It's pic Plug1 that you'll want to view.

Cascade Overload

• Senior Modder
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 11:20:27 PM »

Well....I figured out what this lcd screen is. It's the Digital Dashboard from a Compaq Presario EZ2700....not that that really says much at all, but from what I gathered, it's just a simple lcd that lets you know when you are online, or when you have new email.....just stupid little things.....but I'm going to try a test run using PowerLCD to see if I can get it to do other things as well......thanks for all your help guys......

daPyr0x

• Senior Modder
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2003, 12:27:40 AM »

oh so it is 9 pin
that's helpful....

gimme a few im gonna see if I can figure out where that's going on the compaq mobo....
might even be usb...

and those are 3 LEDs below the LCD there....I can see that the far right one is green, don't know bout the other two tho...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.