GideonTech.com Forums

• July 20, 2019, 03:45:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 120mm fans  (Read 1056 times)

pacz

• GT Fanatic
120mm fans
« on: August 11, 2003, 06:56:23 PM »

Would anyone know of some kind of old equipment that would have 120mm fans, all the power supllys i haave ran into have 80mm ones. There is a  few places in my town where old computers and parts are available, but im not sure if old printers and such would have them. And fans in my town are like 18$ canadian for no names. little to high if you ask me. Thanks for ne ideas.

Matt_T_Bratt

• Senior Modder
120mm fans
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 06:59:40 PM »

http://www.nexfan.com
I know it sucks to ship to canada, but...they do it...and it'd be cheaper than buying 18 dollar ones there...

pacz

• GT Fanatic
120mm fans
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 07:06:40 PM »

Shoulda added i dont have a credit card. i think they charge to much intrest.

Matt_T_Bratt

• Senior Modder
120mm fans
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 07:29:55 PM »

Dude...checking cards are the best thing since sliced bread...accepted everywhere visa is...free money at ATMs...no bills to pay off (pulls right out of your checking account)...no interest (well, there is, but it's them paying you)...and mine I have my savings and checking online...so I can transfer money at the drop of a...mousebutton.
I've had a checking account for like, 6 months...and haven't wrote one check...because the credit card is that much easier...
BUT...don't get careless...the money can runout...then it's like writing a hot check (if the credit card even goes through)

E-zKiLL

• Case Mod Weenie
120mm fans
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 09:55:22 PM »

C/Cs only charge you the intrest on the unpaid balance.
Just be smart and dont go off charging up the A$$
 One must build good credit if one whats the good stuff in life.
 :embr:
 But a Debit card wont build up you credit, but it wont let you go in to dat eather
Cant spend what you don't have LoL debit cards are free- kinda :wtf:

Lethe

• GT Fanatic
120mm fans
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 10:56:55 PM »

Don't know about 120s, but I hacked apart an old AT PSU recently and found an 80x80x15mm fan. Just one - but oh, what a find. Still trying to find a good place for it, but it's nice to have just in case.

Blooz1

• Elite Modder
120mm fans
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 11:49:51 PM »

The only printers I've ever seen with fans were lasers, and those were 40-60MM fans.

endscape

• Senior Modder
Another source
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 11:53:17 PM »

If there is a travel agent in your area that is getting rid of old ticket printers there are upwards of ten 120 mm fans in some of the newer (mid 1990's) ones, and some massive 6 inch fans in the older printers.

Endscape
Merlinicorpus: "Ok, before we go any further, let me enlighten you on something. Z is not an S. Accordingly, you should not use Z in place of an S. Words like "thanks" are not something that should be abriviated. It's just as easy to type KS instead of X. When using exclamation points, either use one or three. If you are using so many that you can't keep the shift down and start adding 1s, you have probably added a few dozen too many."

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
120mm fans
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 12:07:23 AM »

Old powermac (8100/80) power supplies have 120 mm Deltas in 'em.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

pacz

• GT Fanatic
120mm fans
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 03:27:49 PM »

Kool, thanks ill go look for some agents, and keep those machines in mind. I woulda though a printer would have had bigger fans. I do have access to a bank card, but its not mine, and i hate having bank accounts. i dont think that paying money each month for it is worth it. even tho they do pay you intrest my money dont stay in there long enough to make it equal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.