GideonTech.com Forums

• October 01, 2020, 08:07:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question...  (Read 403 times)

Heatt

• Case Mod Weenie
Question...
« on: August 02, 2003, 03:27:28 PM »

Okay before I start I realize this sort of question has been brought up in past but oh well... Anways I was just wondering what sort of performance I expect from an LCD screen that has a 25ms response time for gaming, does anyone here use an LCD screen and game? (Yes I realize CRTs are better for gaming but im alittle limited on space and I was offered to have the differnce between a CRT and LCD paid for).  Here is the link for the LCD screen im considering: http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcd_vg800b.htm Thx!

commodore_dude

• Senior Modder
Question...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 04:25:14 PM »

Don't let anyone tell you LCDs aren't for gaming. I actually have a Viewsonic LCD - the VP171b. It's an inch smaller than the one you're looking at, but doesn't have built in speakers, and thus has a much slicker chassis. It also has a 16ms total response time - that's as fast as they get. To translate the response time to something a bit more understandable, do 1000/response time to find the max fps you'll be able to get clearly. For 16ms display, you're looking at over 60fps, which means any blur would be undetectable by the human eye (at least from what I've heard... human vision maxes out at about 60 right?) 25ms isn't bad, and people do game with that kind of response time, but if you really play a lot of shooters as I do then you'll appreciate the faster response time. I have NEVER seen blur in any game or watching a movie with this display, and it was about $500 from Newegg. If you must have a bigger display, but can wait a few months, 16ms is coming to larger displays from Samsung and others, with 12ms coming in the near future as well.

Heatt

• Case Mod Weenie
Question...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 06:30:49 PM »

Wow thanx for the reply, just what i wanted to know! Two more questions... Is there really a noticable differnce between the 25ms and 16ms response times? Also about when could I expect to see a 16ms 18" LCD from Viewsonic(or another reputable vendor)?

commodore_dude

• Senior Modder
Question...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 09:31:14 PM »

I don't own a 25ms LCD so I can't sit em side by side for ya, but I do have friends who game on 25ms LCDs and they enjoy it. I don't know when the larger 16ms displays are coming out, but I've been hearing about them for some time... certainly by the end of this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 33 queries.