GideonTech.com Forums

• June 03, 2020, 06:44:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switches and Buttons and things  (Read 6780 times)

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
Switches and Buttons and things
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2003, 12:04:02 PM »

Quote from: x24
I'm sure i've answered this before.  but anyway.

if any of the legs are marked with +/-, then those legs are for the LED.  you don't need polarities for the switch part since all you're doing is making/breaking a line in a circuit.  Now since there's a dedicated +/- leg, this lights up the LED all the time.  not like lighted toggle switches where it has at least 3 legs and you can wire it to make the light light up when ON or OFF.

Can you think of any way I can use these to turn the Lazer LEDs on and off?  I'm living on campus w/o a car and these are the only switches I have on hand.  Otherwise, I'll have to find a way to get to a local Radio Shack or something.

Also, how do I hook it up to both sets of leads?  Does it matter if I hooked up the LED leads to the 5v or 12v line?

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2003, 12:37:59 PM »

If it's momentary, then, unfortunately, you can only use it to replace your power or reset buttons.  As for the LEDs, the spec sheet says it's rated 2.2v (3.0v max) and 20mA.  so, the 5v lead and at least a 150-ohm resistor can make it light up.

BTW, looking at the picture in the spec sheet, there's another type of button with just two legs and what looks like a LED in the middle of the button.  If that is really a LED, i would guess that that button is used for power lines.  meaning it only lights up when pressed.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

fuzzball172

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.leeraven.com/mod/mod.htm
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2003, 03:10:01 PM »

I have just bought some QT110 ICs... they are used to make touch switches... wired up as shown in data sheet, they are momentary switches, but with a quick change to a couple of the pins, you can make them into toggle switches... all you have to do, is make your own touch panel/switch cover and away u go....

Will have pics up soon when I get mine working... gonna have touch sensitive switches

(this is all because being in the UK i could not get free samples of these switches!!!!)

PsYLoW

• Senior Modder
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2003, 03:32:38 PM »

Did you have to reduest the sample you wanted or is it luck of the draw what they send you?

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2003, 03:39:42 PM »

Quote from: PsYLoW
Did you have to reduest the sample you wanted or is it luck of the draw what they send you?

I requested what I wanted samples of.  I got the two of the ones w/ LEDs in them.  I requested one of each color, but I think I got red and blue, but I'm not positive, since I didn't know how to connect them until now.

renderblender

• Senior Modder
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2003, 04:28:57 PM »

You should ask for the model number of the switch you want. Don't just say:

I want 2 of your switches, please send me some!

outonanisland

• Senior Modder
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2003, 10:15:05 AM »

go to www.clearpc.ca and get some aluminium switches from there, they look kinda the same as them ones and are alot cheaper

TIME FOR A SMOKE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 62 queries.