GideonTech.com Forums

• October 01, 2020, 06:46:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freaking Albatron!!  (Read 404 times)

fuware

• Senior Modder
Freaking Albatron!!
« on: July 26, 2003, 12:55:35 PM »

Ok, so a while back I bought an Albatron Geforce 4 Ti4280 128meg video card.  It was pretty slick in the beginning.  Then it developed these artifacts all over and severe texture corruption (little dots all over textures - skins in counter strike for example).  So I call albatron and RMA the sucker, because it has a 3 year warranty.  So after about a month, I get it back.  It work again for about a week and a half, then BAM, those freaking artifacts and texture corruption are back.  So now I'm sitting here with what WAS a good video card, waiting to hear back from Albatron a second time about the same problem I had before.  The card wasn't/isn't overclocked or anything.  I think they looked at it, didn't see anything, and gave me back the same card.  

I am really not pleased.  The kicker is that it costs me like 12 bucks to mail it to them, if I mail it again, I could have bought a card that cost 25 bucks more and saved myself the heartache.  

I'm about at that point when I want to take a baseball bat to my machine out of frustration, because I searched and searched for a some problem on my machine to no avail.  I think it's bad memory on the card.

Had to vent a little, sorry bout the rant

smokin_pc

• Senior Modder
Freaking Albatron!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 12:57:59 PM »

where did u buy your v-card? over the net? if u still have ur warrently bring it back to albatron and see if they can replace it will a new one. Tell them it is some type of memory corrupution and that u want ur refund or a new v card back. hope u get a better card :)

SerialKillinSam

• Senior Modder
Freaking Albatron!!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

yeah they should pay for shipping at least and now with the same problem again i would be pissed tell them all that happend and maybe theyll just ship out a new video card

NEO-THE MATRIX

• Senior Modder
Freaking Albatron!!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 04:34:12 PM »

I once heard (at least here in Malta) that a shipped batch of GeForce 4 cards were defective.  My friend actually got one of these "defective" cards, got same problems as you did.  He changed the card about 6 times, cause the last one he got was from a different batch and worked correctly
*Celeron D 2.6GHz oced 3.33GHz*
*2x Corsair PC 400 DDR RAM 256MB*
*ABIT IC-7G MOBO*
*GeForce 6600*Internal Sound Mixer*
*SoundBlaster Audigy*SoundBlaster Pro*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.