GideonTech.com Forums

• September 18, 2020, 06:25:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting my mod since it's going away soon...  (Read 513 times)

Ka-Thunk

• Case Mod Weenie
Posting my mod since it's going away soon...
« on: July 23, 2003, 06:50:16 PM »

Well, I figured I'd post my first case mod, since I've decided to tweak/change it a bit, and fix some problems with it. I was a Punisher junkie back in my comic collecting days, so when I saw some Punisher fan grills, I picked a few up and started planing out my mod.

Front View

Window

Side Panel

Some of the mistakes I made don't really show up in the pictures. The crosshairs aren't perfectly straight, but can't fix that without a new panel. I didn't get enough paint around the edges of the panels, so white lines show through. I kinda rushed the last few coats of clear coat, and it was cold out when I painted, so it's a dull shine. The stuff I used to hold down the template for the skull didn't hold the teeth well, so they're not sharply defined - a friend of mine is going to get me some removable vinyl he uses for painting his RC cars. And I still haven't done any  kind of wire management. :D

Since the new movie is coming out next year, I'm going to put the new skull style on the side panel. I've already changed my wallpaper to match. I'm going to fix all of the above, repaint with some chameleon paint to get a black with red shimmer, and look into adding an LCD or car video screen.

Any ideas or comments are of course welcome. :)

Nrk

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

y dont u paint ur monitor to match with ur keyboard n comp

Ka-Thunk

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 07:26:16 PM »

I was going to paint my old monitor that was a 15", but I picked up the one in the picture (21") at a computer show, and went ahead and plunked down an extra $25 for a 5 year warranty. Now I'm afraid to void it, for fear of bad mojo. :D

Psycho Clowns

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 07:45:36 PM »

Go to the link in my sig for some "inspiration"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 33 queries.