GideonTech.com Forums

• December 15, 2019, 06:34:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Pump Choice  (Read 1408 times)

更mē鐙ę

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« on: July 07, 2003, 02:29:50 PM »

I wanted to use 2 pumptanks from http://www.sysfx.net for my water cooling system as they only pump about 120gph.  Will having one cooling the CPU and one cooling the GPU with them both going to a 2-into-1 adaptor to go into the radiator work or will it result in too much pressure.  I want to use these pumps as they are both small and look good compared to other pumps.
Both these pumps would be pumping from their own lines in a reservoir. View The Diagram Here:
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/56/0B/20752982-945f-022401EE-.jpg

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 02:33:21 PM »

That seems like a really convoluted way of going about it.  Getting something because it 'looks better' is always a poor reason.  Go for something that performs, like a 300+ GPH pump from Hydor or Ehiem

更mē鐙ę

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 02:58:10 PM »

I also have very limited space and these pumps also take up very little space, as well as that I figure that with 2 pumps if one was to fail, the other should keep it going enough to prevent the CPU from cooking

pika32k

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 03:00:42 PM »

try this pump  http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=2-1235&catname=water    u can also plug it into ur psu...and this is cheap

更mē鐙ę

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 03:06:04 PM »

yeah but I was after something that would look good as well as work properly, but if all else fails I think that is it because thats a pretty good pump.

Neema12

Water Pump Choice
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 04:05:23 PM »

I dont understand how 2 pumps looks good? More noise, more space, possably more money? If ya wanna start lookin good, change ur sig. Get a 300gph pump, I am sure the pump wont fail.

更mē鐙ę

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 04:06:41 PM »

2 pumps looks good cause I plan on using two tank pumps from http://www.sysfx.net as they also have the LED's and logos to go with the rest of my case etc

Neema12

Water Pump Choice
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 07:16:01 PM »

Each pump is $60, which I think is way to expensive for a pump, which cant even compair to a 300gph regular WC pump. I would spend the extra money on a better rad, res, and blocks. Also, with the extra $$ you could be saving, you can get a nice case, many LED fans and bunch of ccfl, an lcd screen, or even save for a new computer component? Also, glad to see no sig, ur on a good start on lookin good 8)

Blackeagle

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 09:25:57 PM »

$60 each for THOSE!!  :idiot:  :thumbsdown:  :lol:  :o  :wtf:  

That same $120 can buy you a Iwaki MD-15 rlt pump.  The Iwaki MD-15 will give you 300gph AND 11.1 feet of max head rate. :thumbsup:  :)

Two of those $60 toys can't even begin to come close to the Iwaki's cooling performance!!!!!! :lol:

FLASH OVER FUNCTION! ! :thumbsdown:

Blackeagle

• GT Fanatic
Water Pump Choice
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 09:56:20 PM »

Have you read the spec's on those pumps?  They offer only 3 ft. of max head rate.

So if you ran them in serial where the head rate is additive, then two of them combined have just a bit over half the head rate of a single Iwaki MD-15.

So you'd have 120gph @ 6 ft. head  vs.  300gph @ 11.1 ft. of head.

They are very sharp looking indeed.  But they will sux when it comes to cooling your system.

The 2 of them together will have half the flow of the Iwaki.

I like good looking parts myself.  I'm paying extra for some anodized aluminum fans for my next system.  But those fans also provide the performance I'm going to need, I wouldn't buy them if they couldn't.  

My idea of a fantastic looking watercooling system is one with a Iwaki pump, copper lines (polished to a high shine then coated with clear to keep them that way) laid out with care, Cascade blocks on CPU & GPU and last a nice tall 8" high X 2.5" wide round clear custom DIY res showing off some yellow/green UV dye.  Also some nice custom made copper heat sinks on the south bridge, RAM and mosfets.  Toped off with a custom NB block.  This is the system I'm planning on for my next build.

Beauty is as beauty does! !  or  Eye candy alone is not enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 19 queries.