GideonTech.com Forums

• March 28, 2017, 10:57:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: Stealth Drive LED Re-Route  (Read 17897 times)

Harm

• GT Fanatic
Guide: Stealth Drive LED Re-Route
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2003, 04:13:28 PM »

The switch idea is cool, haven't seen anybody do that (I'm sure it has been done though).  I never stealthed my drives because I wasn't happy with all the half ass methods of making the eject button work.  This would be much more professional.

SirShaw

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2003, 02:39:51 AM »

something I just thought about...if you run the led to the case and solder the wire right to the drive how in the heck do you get the drive out without destroying all your work? the solution I thought of, was get some kinda moltex connector and integrate that into the middle of the wire somewhere between the case and the drive  so you could disconnect it quickly and slide the drive out with ease and not ruin your work...just my two cents on this mod (which rocks btw ;) )

Octo

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2003, 09:20:59 AM »

I just finished this mod last night, works great!. I have the led mounted between two switches on a 3.5 drive cover. One switch controls my CCFL and the other is the switch for the CD Rom. I moved the switch earlier. I will post pic as soon as i get it on the net.

Octo

One other thing, the cd rom switch is a mini toggle switch. I can't find any of these in a momentary, and i don't want to use a round button, so i flip it real fast and then put it down again

NoSoupForYou

• Case Mod Weenie
Installing one myself
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2003, 12:34:32 AM »

Okay guys, I am new here but anyways...a few weeks ago I was stealthing my DVD-ROM and the superglue dripped down and glued the actual button (inside the DVD-ROM) into itself (IE the little round button is stuck and going no where inside the tiny box around it) :idiot:  I'm not real knowlegdable about switches and buttons (names and stuff) and what not but what can I use to replace it?...I know I will have to solder it off and put a new one in and I would like to put the button outside of slot as your LED is. I have already done the LED placement project and it works great but I am sick of having to manually open my DVD-ROM. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.(what kind of buttons/switches I need and where I can find them) My dad is an electrician so he has all kinds of switches and buttons in our basement. Pictures would be helpful and any questions you have for me can be posted or e-mailed NoSoupForYou62@hotmail.com  Please, I need help because I'm not spending another 30$ on another DVD-ROM...

Edit: Also, I would like to know how I could make/buy a replica of the button I broke to put in place of it, or if that is even possible.

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2003, 09:15:12 AM »

I believe you will need an SPST momentary switch (Default open).

Just look how the previous switch is connected and connect this one the same way.
My sig goes here

NoSoupForYou

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 12:08:23 PM »

Okay, thanks.  I poked around im my basement and found a switch that looked to be the kinds I saw when I looked for momentary switch pictures on google.  I asked my dad if it was a momentary switch and he said yeah.  I'm currently installing it.  Thanks a bunch. :D

ClearCaseMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.casemodman.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 12:27:40 PM »

Quote from: PhreakerX
Is that a wankel engine in your sig Yuca?

I believ theat is actually a rotary engin same design in the older rx7's

PsYLoW

• Senior Modder
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 11:05:46 AM »

What kind of wire do you use to attach the led to the cdrom?

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay

Yaesr

• Senior Modder
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 11:00:17 PM »

Whats a "aircraft bomber switch"?????
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.