GideonTech.com Forums

• August 26, 2019, 04:27:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Ghetto PSU" Idea  (Read 2370 times)

25-cent

• Case Mod Weenie
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« on: May 18, 2003, 04:35:59 PM »

Since i have been running out of molex connectors from my PSU in my case, i decided to get a second PSU connected up, but i blew out two extra PSU's trying it because i couldnt understand the guides i found. so i was thinking of sticking a paper clip in the green wire and the ground (like a test PSU) and just put it in my case and have the power cord for the PSU go out threw a hole i have cut

now is this a good idea or should i call it off if you have any links on a second PSU guide please tell me THANX IN ADVANCE

shizno

• Senior Modder
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 04:40:50 PM »

ROFL! just get a 1 -> 2 molex plug...it makes one molex into 2!  also...your nub for blowing out 2 psu's.  that idea with the paper clip would work though...i dont see anything wrong with that idea..

Geet Lord

• Senior Modder
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 05:00:50 PM »

yeah molex splitters would be a lot cheaper than a new psu

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 06:17:30 PM »

Here you go: http://svc.com/4pinpowsupmo.html
50 cents at SVC.

modifried

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.modifried.com
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 06:25:22 PM »

shiz.
They put a certain amount of molex connectors onto a PSU for a reason. Yes, you can add a few more, but you can't count on that as a long term solution unless you plan on blowing out the PSU and possibly a few devices to go with it. So, you mock him for taking 2 PSU's out, even though your own "suggestion" could cause a lot more damage down the road. Smart guy.

shizno

• Senior Modder
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 07:24:13 PM »

wow whos the smart one now...ok moron listen...if itook a 400watt psu...hooked 30 fans to it....it wouldnt blow. well...i dont know the max cause the wattage per fan escapes me...but there isnt a certain amount of molex connectors for a reason....there is just enough for the basics (ie. hdd cd dvd and a fan or 2..) as long as the wattage doesnt exceed the psu...its fine.. better watch what you post before you post it..

Neema12

"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 07:29:13 PM »

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, ill throw the first punch and run, hehehe 8)

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 07:43:41 PM »

Shizno is so fresh.  Fix your attitude because you're not welcome w/ that tone. Didn't you leave GT like a million times?  and yet he still comes crawling back for more... looking for fights.

/me shakes head

DSLaBuda

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.modasylum.com
"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 07:49:22 PM »

oye... :roll:  

molex splitters would be ok for things like case fans, but not if you have a drive farm going on in there.  if you going to do the paperclip trick for the second psu, your also going to need a "5v dummy load" for the 12v to reach full voltage. google for that, you'll find some info (yeah i know saying 'google for it' is cliche'), here is the http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=5v+dummy+load+psu+">link.

Neema12

"Ghetto PSU" Idea
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 07:49:25 PM »

OOOOOOO, did you hear that, he called you stupid and wants to fight, hehe, ok, ill leave now and never come back.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.