GideonTech.com Forums

• June 19, 2018, 06:32:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A few more GTA:Vice City screenies....  (Read 11658 times)

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
A few more GTA:Vice City screenies....
« on: May 13, 2003, 04:43:03 PM »

including the ***gio scooter... LOL!!!

And the ***gio!!!

:)
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 07:40:22 PM »

How much better is GTA: Vice City compared to GTA3?  I thought GTA3 was alright, but got really boring after a while.  Are there a lot more functions in Vice City?  I'm debating whether or not to go out and get it.

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 10:37:01 PM »

Right now, I've just started, so I'm not sure how many or how different it is from GTA3.

It looks great (but at highest resolution and graphics, my system was skipping a bit) and plays like GTA3.  I already jacked a Ferrari looking thing (red car above) with ease.  

The game looks great....everything seems BIGGER.  And the fact that I can BUY a house or building is cool.

I'll have a review of what the gameplay and such are like in a week or so.

Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

warriorx1

• Elite Modder
    • http://warriorx.tripod.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 08:21:53 AM »

i called in sick to work on monday and ran out and got it. he he (don't tell anyone) ;)

it's basicaly the same as gta3 except some cool stuff added:
bikes, bigger map, you can go in some buildings, there's a mall, there's a tool store and a gun store (instead of just guns) the tools store has screwdrivers, hammers, bats, etc...
like NMDante said, you can buy some buildings.

also, i think the missions are more complex. i never beat gta3 but got to the 3rd part of the island.  i'm about 8 or so hours into vice city and still loving it.

the bikes are fun! poppin wheelies is fun! running through people with the chainsaw is fun. :)

good times.

Loki Xtra

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 10:41:02 AM »

Vice City isn't too different from GTA3.  Better storyline so far.  However, I do find that if I stop doing missions for awhile, the game gets olds fast.

Quote from: NMDante
....I already jacked a Ferrari looking thing (red car above) with ease...

The "red thing" is more like a Lamborghini Countach.  On the other hand, there is a car that hold a resemblence to the Ferrari Testarossa.
Nobody likes you. -Scott

shizno

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 11:01:44 AM »

wow you guys need to get lives...like ....Vice City for ps2 was out 5 billion years ago....why is ***gio still hilarious?

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 11:16:53 AM »

Quote from: warriorx1
the bikes are fun! poppin wheelies is fun! running through people with the chainsaw is fun. :)

good times.

:lol:

Quote from: shizno
wow you guys need to get lives...like ....Vice City for ps2 was out 5 billion years ago....why is ***gio still hilarious?

i think they're talking about GTA3: VC for the PC. imho, it's better to play GTA3 on a PC -- Vice City or not.

YucA

• Elite Modder
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 11:31:28 AM »

yea they are talkin bout the PC version.  It just came out...

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 12:10:38 PM »

Dude....calm down....like everyone else said, it just became available for the PC.

I don't have a PS2, nor do I intend to buy one, so I was looking forward to this game, since I heard of it for the PS2.  

The ***gio is funny for me, mostly because....well, it's name.  :D

Cave_Troll

• Elite Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2003, 03:25:49 PM »

Quote from: NMDante

Dude....calm down....like everyone else said, it just became available for the PC.

I don't have a PS2, nor do I intend to buy one, so I was looking forward to this game, since I heard of it for the PS2.  

The ***gio is funny for me, mostly because....well, it's name.  :D

100% agree even if I did have a PS2 I would not have bought it, I would have waited for the PC version. looks 100X better on PC.
And I did play it some on the PS2 at a friends the bikes kick ass, thats all I did was find bikes and race around jumping stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.